Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:A little better looking but mute buttons should NEVER be red.....At the very least, the mute button shouldnt be the same color as the record arm button. Not sure how Presonus could possibly think that was a good idea.
The Solo Button and the Record Enable buttons are both red in Cubase, but the former is squared and the other one a circle in terms of button form.

I don't have a problem with that. :shrug:

OK so we know nothing about what S1-3 looks like i can respect that but the button thing.....Cubase's record arm and solo buttons are part of a different row of buttons too, so thats a big help.

In S1, the buttons are both square and right next to each other. At least if the solo button were red, its on the opposite side. Its one of my few minor complaints about S1. It needs a new color scheme IMO. Its awful to look at. One of the prettiest start up screens though. :)
There ya have it...

OutCider wrote:Maybe they just thought you should stick with cubase seeing you have such a great working relationship with steinberg.
Actually, they obviously didn't know me or my work history (and why should they?! I was just one among many AE's at Musikmesse). I explicitly told them that I am fed up with the BS from recent years from my experience with Steinberg and I really consider a switch. Then the people at the booth told me "terribly sorry - but we can't give any further info" but at the same breath "the wait will be worth it".

They also have to stick to their contracts you know.

And once more - there was no public presentation of S1 v3 at the booth.
Last edited by Compyfox on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
OutCider wrote:Maybe they just thought you should stick with cubase seeing you have such a great working relationship with steinberg.
Actually, I explicitly told them that I am fed up with the BS from recent years from my experience with Steinberg and I really consider a switch.
That could easily back up my post :hihi:
Compyfox wrote:And once more - there was no public presentation of S1 v3 at the booth.
Nobody in this thread has made that claim, but feel free to restate the obvious.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

OutCider wrote:That could easily back up my post :hihi:
Not sure if serious at this point....
Probably not.
OutCider wrote:
Compyfox wrote:And once more - there was no public presentation of S1 v3 at the booth.
Nobody in this thread has made that claim, but feel free to restate the obvious.
I thought the "claim" was, that it was out. But no proof was given other than "video = release reveal". I didn't read any other comment from people that also visited Musikmesse. So I'm only stating what I saw. And I saw no bit of S1 v3 being presented.

Did I just fall for Trolling 101 or something?!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
OutCider wrote:That could easily back up my post :hihi:
Not sure if serious at this point....
Probably not.
Lighten up, it's just a little humour. Perhaps google the word and see if there's a Teutonic equivalent.
Compyfox wrote: I thought the "claim" was, that it was out. But no proof was given other than "video = release reveal". I didn't read any other comment from people that also visited Musikmesse. So I'm only stating what I saw. And I saw no bit of S1 v3 being presented.
Nope, you've misinterpreted. Nobody in this thread has mentioned it's out. The closest has come from the topic title which mentioned 'reveal', which to be fair, is accurate as the presonus videos on the presonus website show us.
It has to be that an official video on a company site trumps anecdotal evidence from a claimed musikmesse attendee until proven otherwise.
Yes, we know it's not out otherwise we'd be using it instead of speculating, but thanks for the input.

Compyfox wrote:Did I just fall for Trolling 101 or something?!
You wish :hihi:

Edit: Speeling misteak
Last edited by OutCider on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Not really Compy

The claim as I understand it is Presonus has released screenshots of THE Studio One V3. Therefore we anticipated official announcement this MESSE. Why would you post pictures of something so many people are anticipating, and we've been told for ages it's coming, and then not say a word about it?

I assumed it was going to be a big surprise "here it is!" I would have appreciated, here, this is what it's going to look like (even if no official mention of new features) and we expect to ship it x quarter or whatever more details will come.

Kind of feeling burned by this, again, don't they expect we'd get excited at the screenshots and wan't some kind of official statement?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

As I already mentioned, they might think it's generating more excitement if they do not reveal it at Musikmesse - they will know how many boxed licences they sell...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I really hope they improve the waveform viewing with audio files, I hate zooming in to see a pixelated mess.

OutCider wrote:It has to be that an official video on a company site trumps anecdotal evidence from a claimed musikmesse attendee until proven otherwise.
Sorry, looks like my reply is practically worthless since I didn't make a serious attempt to fully comprehend what you were saying, or try to back it up with double fool-proof evidence and triple-blind listening tests.

Aiynzahev wrote:The claim as I understand it is Presonus has released screenshots of THE Studio One V3. Therefore we anticipated official announcement this MESSE. Why would you post pictures of something so many people are anticipating, and we've been told for ages it's coming, and then not say a word about it?
Beats me. I also expected the release of S1 v3 at Musikmesse 2015. Which is why I asked at their booth. And the clear answer I basically got was "it's not out yet".

Aiynzahev wrote:Kind of feeling burned by this, again, don't they expect we'd get excited at the screenshots and wan't some kind of official statement?
I think they want the "hype" speak for themselves (so jens does have a point). So far, it seems to work. S1 isn't forgotten with all the hints at "more news around the corner". Now they only need to deliver.

Well, the next AES Convention is May 2015 in Warshaw, then in July the Summer NAMM 2015, NAMM/Musikmesse/ProLight&Sound Russia in September, SAE Alumni Convention (Berlin) in late October and another AES by end of October. Sometimes, host companies are also at IFA Berlin (September). And there are probably more trade shows that are not on my radar.

So "news around the corner" can still mean A LOT of things. But I was told that the new Presonus devices ship by Summer. So... if they come bundled with the new S1 (and may it only be an LE version)... then we have a rough date?

Fl Studio 12 and Omnisphere 2 were handled much better. Their arrival was announced in a fashion that I respect. Ended up purchasing FL Studio and because of the lengthy exposure to Omnisphere I may also get that.

This should be entertaining. It's not even been announced yet and the fights have already started. :hihi:
I also expected the release of S1 v3 at Musikmesse 2015. Which is why I asked at their booth.
Not to state the obvious but if you're at a trade show booth and you don't see anything like literature or computers running something new, it's a good bet that it's not there. Not to say that you shouldn't have asked, I would have certainly asked also (hoping for some inside info maybe), but not seeing it running anywhere there or seeing any literature or marketing about it there in the booth kinda answers that question directly.

But yeah, I would have asked too :) How could you be there and not ask? That would be very contrary to common human behavior. :) I bet they got that question like 10-20 times an hour all day long.

Compyfox wrote:Sorry, looks like my reply is practically worthless since I didn't make a serious attempt to fully comprehend what you were saying, or try to back it up with double fool-proof evidence and triple-blind listening tests.
Half right ;)

Studio One v3.....the drama continues....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:Studio One v3.....the drama continues....
I don't understand why it should be this way. The few S1 users I know are, like myself, happily writing and recording tracks in Studio One 2.6.5.
Yes it's been a while between update drinks, but like the old adage says, you can't miss what you've never had.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of anticipation and excitement, but drama is a little unbecoming.

Having said that, now I've seen the darker gui :x :cry: :dog: :lol:

Just to add some fuel :hihi:: I had to go back to Reaper, since S1 isn't really useable for me in its current state...

(it's nowhere near as bad as
Sonar though :hihi:)

That much for "happily using it. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”