Where Are The Presets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded and installed Padshop Pro and Retrologue. They are both working fine except for the fact that there are no presets? Do I download the presets from somewhere else? Am I overlooking the presets sections?

Thanks.

What host you are using?

Probably you are using vst 3 which your host can't display directly. Depends on your host, either use the 2.4 vst (like in Sonar) or see the browser (like in S1).

It's been a while since I installed PSP, but I remember it being very specific in regards to placing the presets. I can't check at the moment, but I think I caved in and installed to the suggested folder, steinberg/vst or something. Some presetpacks end up in the c:/users/*yourusername/appdata/steinberg/padshop or similarly named folder. You may have to go into control panel and folder options and turn on view hidden folders to see the appdata folder.
It can be a hassle, but it's worth it.
Could be you can reinstall it with the same placement you originally chose, but run the installer with admin rights.
Again my memory of the process has faded some and I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet.
Good luck.

I'm using Studio One. The programs all installed correctly, but I can't imagine them not having any presets?

If you are using the VST3 the presets appear in the browser, and are also available from the dropdown preset loader above the plugin gui. If you are not seeing them there you probably need to refresh the browser using the 're-index presets' button at the bottom of the browser main panel.

If you use the AU or VST2 they are in a dropdown menu at the bottom of the plugin GUI.

I don't know about PSP, but with a lot of VST3 pluguns, the presets can be found in "Documents / VST3 Presets /..."

If that's where they are, import them all into S1 from the plugin window's menu.

If the presets aren't there, do a search in Explorer for *.vstpreset

That should lead you to the PSP presets.

He shouldn't need to import or locate anything though, they should have been installed in the right place already so I'm guessing he just needs to refresh the browser.

Are you on windows? I had similar problems with Padshop

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p5649420
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Is it at least possible to pick a user folder for user patches?
I hate it when software forces directories on me...

Return to “Instruments”