Tone 2 - Saurus 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Seems like now's a great time to pick up Saurus cheap and then get the free upgrade to version 2 when released.....

30% off: https://www.jrrshop.com/tone2?dir=asc&order=price

hmmmm i just demo'ed Saurus1 and i like tone2 synths i have (Nemesis, Gladiator, Firebird) but this one really sounds not comparable to DIVA etc. it doesnt catch me, i guess if you got DIVA you have nothing additionally with Saurus 2?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:hmmmm i just demo'ed Saurus1 and i like tone2 synths i have (Nemesis, Gladiator, Firebird) but this one really sounds not comparable to DIVA etc. it doesnt catch me, i guess if you got DIVA you have nothing additionally with Saurus 2?
Diva is the analog king for sure. But I do like Saurus because it has it's own 'analog' sound, and it's really quick to make patches with.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

db3 wrote:Seems like now's a great time to pick up Saurus cheap and then get the free upgrade to version 2 when released.....

30% off: https://www.jrrshop.com/tone2?dir=asc&order=price
If you're in the U.S., Best Service's price is better as you have no VAT (so it's around $60). *Pay in EUROS* You have to add it to your cart to get the VAT removed.

I really like Saurus 2...except for the limited tweakability. I considered buying it, taking into heavy consideration the price drop but,

I already have Diva.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:I really like Saurus 2...except for the limited tweakability. I considered buying it, taking into heavy consideration the price drop but,

I already have Diva.
i dont see saurus 2 available?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
Apostate wrote:I really like Saurus 2...except for the limited tweakability. I considered buying it, taking into heavy consideration the price drop but,

I already have Diva.
i dont see saurus 2 available?
Me neither... Or any upgrade option. :?
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

The demo version of Saurus (on the site) is the demo version of Saurus 2.

So, the demo is already up.

jsp1979 wrote:The demo version of Saurus (on the site) is the demo version of Saurus 2.

So, the demo is already up.
thanks! just downloaded, strange there is no real news on the page, just loaded it up, looks the same it seems. well let's hear if it really has improved the sound to v1 which wasnt impressing me.

When the limit was up and the 'Buy It!" pop up came up it fully froze my DAW until I clicked Yes or No. Now that sounds more like the Tone2 I know. Oh Markus, paranoid paranoid Markus.

Saurus isn't comparable to Diva. Diva is authentic where as Saurus really isn't. Even the demo for Saurus 2 is more "Tone2" sounding than it is legitimately analog sounding.

With that in mind, I have Saurus (1, that is) and I really love the thing. It's a thoughtfully designed synth that works its way through a variety of timbres with minimal controls. I honestly recommend it. Tone2 make good synths, they're just a weird ass company.

KingTuck wrote:When the limit was up and the 'Buy It!" pop up came up it fully froze my DAW until I clicked Yes or No. Now that sounds more like the Tone2 I know. Oh Markus, paranoid paranoid Markus.

Saurus isn't comparable to Diva. Diva is authentic where as Saurus really isn't. Even the demo for Saurus 2 is more "Tone2" sounding than it is legitimately analog sounding.

With that in mind, I have Saurus (1, that is) and I really love the thing. It's a thoughtfully designed synth that works its way through a variety of timbres with minimal controls. I honestly recommend it. Tone2 make good synths, they're just a weird ass company.
I agree about the sound, Saurus is more "digital" to my ears than Diva, but digital in the good way. I generally love the way Tone 2's synths sound, though I seem bizarrely in the minority, Lord knows why (someone clue me in, please?). Reading your post has me really thinking about buying the synth again, KingTuck...

maybe if there were more wave options, for both the LFO and OSC. That's the wall I kept hitting.
Ha ha suck it!

KingTuck wrote:When the limit was up and the 'Buy It!" pop up came up it fully froze my DAW until I clicked Yes or No. Now that sounds more like the Tone2 I know. Oh Markus, paranoid paranoid Markus.
Aren't you going a bit over the top, if you aint gonna buy it, click "No" and get on with your life.

If you think Tone 2 Markus has got something personal against your DAW, I know who I would think is paranoid.

Numanoid wrote:
Aren't you going a bit over the top, if you aint gonna buy it, click "No" and get on with your life.

If you think Tone 2 Markus has got something personal against your DAW, I know who I would think is paranoid.
What are you on about? Of course Markus has nothing against my DAW. The recent demo for ElectraX allowed you to keep programming the synth even after the "Buy It" box came up. This means you can actually make a patch in the demo without worrying about the time limit. Since there is no patch saving in the demos, it's essential that you have more than 20 minutes to program and listen to the f**king thing. The 20 minute time limit in Saurus 2 brings up a dialogue box that will freeze anyone's host until closed. The only way it won't is if you run all your plugins bridged. If the plugin is hosted inside the main DAW executable file (the way it is in almost all DAWs), it won't allow focus on any other GUI element.

It's just a stupid demo restriction design. I'm not exactly gonna sweat it much, mate.
Apostate wrote: maybe if there were more wave options, for both the LFO and OSC. That's the wall I kept hitting.
With the PWM working on all waveforms (think of the wave mod in the Moog OSC module in Diva, works somewhat similarly on non-square waves) the OSC section is pretty damn strong. LFO waveforms can be shifted about with the X modulator. If those are the only two things holding you back, I'd recommend going for it and buying the synth! :)

Strange complaint about the lack of waveforms. It has quite a number for a subtractive snyth, and the pw knob can be applied to all of them, not just to pulse as with most other synths.

I can't tell whether it is sounds very analog or not, but I doubt all analog synths sounded the same.

KingTuck wrote:It's just a stupid demo restriction design. I'm not exactly gonna sweat it much, mate.
Yah, all demo resctrictions stupid

Would be much better if it just was handed to us free :P

Return to “Instruments”