Ipad air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ipad air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S? and why

memyselfandus wrote:Ipad air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S? and why
For musical purposes: iPad Air 2*
For anything else: ask on another forum :wink:
*And why? Because all of the great music related apps of course. And the lack of (=not many) on any other tablet OS.

Tablets are a midway device between laptop and phone. It wont fully replace either for some things. IOS has some good audio apps but cant support plugs so getting them to work together is hit and miss and you wont get more than 4 working together. Youre tied to iTunes mostly for any file transfer. MP3s need other software to copy to device. Here is one persons experience :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &p=6095893

Galaxy has own Soundcamp DAW and audio system for low latency and apps, sd card - depends what you want :

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... droid.html

http://www.musicalandroid.com/blog/sams ... -more-news

Windows Tablets are another contender.

UltraJv wrote:Tablets are a midway device between laptop and phone. It wont fully replace either for some things. IOS has some good audio apps but cant support plugs so getting them to work together is hit and miss and you wont get more than 4 working together. Youre tied to iTunes mostly for any file transfer. MP3s need other software to copy to device. Here is one persons experience :
I'd never want a tablet to replace my desktop/laptop. I use my tablet as an addon. And I don't do any file transfer, I just record audio in Cubase (via IO Dock). Or the other way around, into Samplr.
Those few audio apps on Android are a poor substitute for what exists on iOS. And Windows tablets are more like laptop alternatives, because most Windows software is not great for touch control.

How about... maybe... like... describing what you'd like to do with it...

chk071 wrote:
And is it a 'personal' question or is he just trying to start a discussion...

Maybe he's hoping someone somewhere will stab each other with beer bottles....

It's already happened once according to the news
Instant human just add coffee

Air 2. Hands down.
Tons of ways to transfer files in/out of iOS, as well as via USB/Lightning.
Audiobus, Mimix, Cubasis, and soon Auria Pro are great ways to host and route multiple synths and effects in a DAW environment.
Auria and Cubasis have plugins.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

siriusbliss wrote:Air 2. Hands down.
Tons of ways to transfer files in/out of iOS, as well as via USB/Lightning.
Audiobus, Mimix, Cubasis, and soon Auria Pro are great ways to host and route multiple synths and effects in a DAW environment.
Auria and Cubasis have plugins.

G
Auria and Cubasis have baked in stuff. You cannot buy a plugin to use outside of them. They are like Reason REs. IOS dosnt allow plugins.

Actually I think some of the sugar bytes apps can be used inside Auria and outside it, but that's not typical.
Instant human just add coffee

T-CM11 wrote:
chk071 wrote:
And is it a 'personal' question or is he just trying to start a discussion...
The latter i suppose. :hihi:

Which U.S. Why I mentioned Audiobus.
Tons of effects appsthat can be used as insert in Cubasis.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Like others have said, iPad is really the only option for music apps. Latency issues have long plagued Android and kept the vast majority of music app developers away. For anything non-music related, I'd say either tablet is just fine.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Sorry to bump this awful thread, but get a computer. Tablet producing is still way behind, too cumbersome, and never took off. It's good for dabbling away a few sofa/train hours, though.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Edit: Got to learn to read.
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”