Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I moved to FL and S1 because Reaper wasn't really usable for me. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

It isn't either... :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

How do you know? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Do you wanna know all that is to know right now about Studio One v3?

This, from around 6.00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=307&v=ElFTdrPW-94
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Interesting that in a time with all the social media around, and leaked pictures, and teasers and what not, Presonus still insist to say nothing at all about their flagship software product. Don't get it to be honest, wouldn't at least a confirmation that it's coming be asked too much? Dedication looks different tbh. I don't need loads of pictures, or videos, or teasers, but at least a confirmation that it's coming would be cool, especially for customers who own the previous versions. The way it is now, you can't even know if they dropped S1 completely, or if they're working hard on it. With any other DAW, you most probably can be sure that there'll be a next version, and often you can even tell exactly when it's coming, see Cubase and their 2 years cycle.

chk071 wrote:With any other DAW, you most probably can be sure that there'll be a next version, and often you can even tell exactly when it's coming, see Cubase and their 2 years cycle.
I understand what you're saying, because I am also very curious and anxious to know, but this ^^^ in my view is just the ultimate boring way to do it. Sonar is the king, with they annual October release! :)

And yeah, I am 100% S1 3 is coming.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

murnau wrote:How do you know? :lol:
None seem particularly great from here, lol!! :cry: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

24MTS wrote:
chk071 wrote:With any other DAW, you most probably can be sure that there'll be a next version, and often you can even tell exactly when it's coming, see Cubase and their 2 years cycle.
I understand what you're saying, because I am also very curious and anxious to know, but this ^^^ in my view is just the ultimate boring way to do it. Sonar is the king, with they annual October release! :)

And yeah, I am 100% S1 3 is coming.
Sonar....with it's annual bug trades... :ud:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

24MTS wrote:Do you wanna know all that is to know right now about Studio One v3?

This, from around 6.00:
Basically what I said a couple of pages back.
But now "more official".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

24MTS wrote: .... Sonar is the king, with they annual October release! :)

Hehe, apparently you didn't get the memo. :ud:

chk071 wrote: at least a confirmation that it's coming would be cool, especially for customers who own the previous versions. The way it is now, you can't even know if they dropped S1 completely, or if they're working hard on it.
What? They confirmed ages ago that it is in fact coming - they are just refusing to give either specs or a date.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

murnau wrote:How do you know? :lol:

I meant it is barely useable in general... :hihi:

I have been usign it for the last... I don't know how many years, so I should know... :lol:

Which is why I am really interested in S1 V3 - while V2 is piss-poor, it's not such a bizarre mess of a FeatureGoneWrong-moloch as Reaper and Sonar are, so they might get it about right this time around.

Compyfox wrote:
24MTS wrote:Do you wanna know all that is to know right now about Studio One v3?

This, from around 6.00:
Basically what I said a couple of pages back
.".
Yes, ecactly! He said nothing of any relevance, you said nothing of any relevance...

jens wrote:
chk071 wrote: at least a confirmation that it's coming would be cool, especially for customers who own the previous versions. The way it is now, you can't even know if they dropped S1 completely, or if they're working hard on it.
What? They confirmed ages ago that it is in fact coming - they are just refusing to give either specs or a date.
Ok, so in fact it could be that Studio One 3 comes tomorrow. Or in a couple of weeks. Or months. Or in some years. Good stuff. :P I feel real confidence as a customer now.

Or they could have said, "it will be out in 2014" then missed that deadline because it wasn't ready and you, as a customer, would have no confidence in them. Think of Slate and his release dates. They've become a running joke at this point and he has no credibility on that front. If he operated more like Presonus, that wouldn't be the case.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”