Stratosphere questions...

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm seriously considering purchasing Stratosphere sometime soon, as I've heard many great things about it and it certainly seems in a similar price range to Amplesound and MusicLab virtual guitars.

At least judging from the photos on the box and in the manual, I take it that the guitar that was sampled was S/S/H (single coil pickup for neck and middle; humbucker in the bridge position)?! Not complaining as I would love a model of that style of guitar in my collection, but I'm wondering if Orange Tree Samples might release a "traditional Strat" version of Stratosphere with single coil pickups on neck, middle and bridge positions as well, or at least an option to make the current Strat S/S/S.

Also, unrelated question---is an electric slide guitar plugin also planned for the near future?

isnt that lap steel? i definitely like both the lap steel and acoustic slide from orange tree

I know there's a lap steel plugin and an acoustic slide guitar plugin, but no electric slide guitar (as Duane Allman, George Harrison, etc. were known to play). :)

But I have considered looking into the lap steel at least, as well. I'm glad they've considered making a good plugin of one; it would be fun to work with. :D

Yeah, Stratosphere was a S/S/H pickup set. I'm definitely up for recording a more traditional single-coil-only library, though!

As for the slide guitars, I'll probably record a slide electric guitar for that series eventually--but since it's fairly similar to the lap steel, I'd probably do a resonator guitar (or two) first.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I'd be glad to see it happen, particularly as I find it hard to find an affordable, great quality S/S/S Fender Stratocaster plugin instrument which contains all of the pickup selections (bridge only; bridge/mid; middle only, middle/neck, neck only) the Strat offers. Amplesound, for one example, does have an "AGF" Stratocaster in the vein, but you can only use the neck and neck/mid positions, and they don't seem in a hurry to offer an extension upgrade with those options. I'm sure an traditional-style OTS Stratocaster would be a large file, but it would be worth having. :)

BTW, love the Evolution Strawberry and Rickenbacker bass plugins I bought recently; looking forward to more soon! :)

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”