Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II Still waiting for 64-bit version VST version.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I remember reading an announcement by Sonic Projects that they are working on a 64-bit VST version of their great sounding synth. OP-X Pro II

http://www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/description.html

Any update/news as to when the 64-bit version will be available for download ?

Unfortunately, I am unable to use it at this time, since I run a pure 64-bit system, Cubase Pro 8 (64-bit) on Windows. I also tried using OP-X Pro II via Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 (32-bit Server), but it was not possible to authorize it in VE-Pro 5 . So, I'm looking forward to the release of the 64-bit version.

Would love to hear some feedback from Sonic Projects, as to when they expect the 64-bit VST version to be released. Hopefully soon.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hopefully should be this year.

EvilDragon wrote:Hopefully should be this year.
Hopefully in a couple months, or less... That would have been more what I wanted to hear :)

This Year = :dog:

Patience. It depends on SynthEdit v2 release (will support 64-bit, VST3 and AU creation).

EvilDragon wrote:Patience. It depends on SynthEdit v2 release (will support 64-bit, VST3 and AU creation).
Thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't aware that Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II was built using SynthEdit. I guess I need to follow the progress of SynthEdit (64-bit), to get an approximate time frame of OP-X Pro II (64-bit) Release.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

There is no reason other than laziness why OP-X is still SynthEdit after all these years. If they can program custom modules then........ :shrug:

Lennard took Sylenth 1 from Synthedit to all hand coded and look at it's success....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

FWIW, I'm running this on Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase 7 64 bit host and it runs fine. No harm in downloading the demo and seeing if it runs on your system.

I gave up long ago that the OP-X Pro II will ever be 64-bit, but I must say that it has been working flawlessly using JBridge with Cubase 8 64-bit. :)

Thanks for the additional replies.

I don't use Jbridge, or want to use any 32-bit VSTs . As I mentioned earlier, I'm a running a Pure 64-bit System, Cubase Pro 8 (all 64-bit), and I will stick to keeping it that way, stability is often compromised when using bridging. The only solution (for me), would be to wait for it to be updated to 64-bit, so ... for now, it is on hold, I have lots of other synths to keep me busy, and happy. I will install it as soon as it goes 64-bit. Whenever that happens.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote:Thanks for the additional replies.

I don't use Jbridge, or want to use any 32-bit VSTs . As I mentioned earlier, I'm a running a Pure 64-bit System, Cubase Pro 8 (all 64-bit), and I will stick to keeping it that way, stability is often compromised when using bridging. The only solution (for me), would be to wait for it to be updated to 64-bit, so ... for now, it is on hold, I have lots of other synths to keep me busy, and happy. I will install it as soon as it goes 64-bit. Whenever that happens.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
I'm also running a "pure 64-bit system" but couldn't resist making only 1 exception for Jbridged OP-X Pro II. For me, everything has been very stable with the Jbridged OP-X Pro II.

quantum7 wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Thanks for the additional replies.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
I'm also running a "pure 64-bit system" but couldn't resist making only 1 exception for Jbridged OP-X Pro II. For me, everything has been very stable with the Jbridged OP-X Pro II.
That's great to know. I'm glad you are running it with no issues via Jbridge. As an exception.

But, I don't feel the urge, or want to deal with any bridging solution, just to accomocate one VST Instrument. I will patiently wait for it be released as a 64-bit VST then add it to my system.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Why would Beat Magazine have a post on FB about the free OP-X just now? That's and old plug, has been available for ages.

If it is not because they know something is cooking and about to be released :wink:

Fantastic synth!!!!!

I use it on a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop and Sonar X3 Producer with only one issue. Some buttons in the upper left of the window that OP-X opens don't have Sonar's R and W for Read or Write automation, and a couple others up in that section.

Examigan wrote:I use it on a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop and Sonar X3 Producer with only one issue. Some buttons in the upper left of the window that OP-X opens don't have Sonar's R and W for Read or Write automation, and a couple others up in that section.
Are you running Sonar X3 (64-bit) ?

You could be running 64-bit Windows 7, but still using Sonar X3 (32-bit), that's why it is working.

I'm still waiting for the 64-bit version of OP-X Pro II to be released. We are just a step away from June, so I wonder how much longer is the wait.... :roll:

Return to “Instruments”