JoBoMusic Flexion (new synth !!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If the developpers read this thread: great work guys! You can be proud of your product! Not often we see something genuinly new and original in the synth world. Looking forwards.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

AstralExistence wrote:im not sure if anybody else picked this up, but this guy seems terrified. hes shaking his head, jerking his body, his speech rhythm is changing constantly, and he just seems very very nervous. he seems really unsure of how he is presenting his demo. that is, 'what do others think of my presentation?' i can see how presenting a product can make a developer very nervous as it can make or break interest in the product.
Yeah, not everyone's an Eric Persing or a Dave Smith. Public speaking is most people's biggest fear.

Maybe I should try to get a job as a presenter for some of these companies. Just fly me out to NAMM and Musicmesse, get me a hotel, food and some free software licenses and that's all I'd require. I'm a total ham and I've never been nervous speaking in front of people, cameras, etc. I'm also a dead ringer for Gordon Freeman, so I've got that going for me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

AstralExistence wrote:im not sure if anybody else picked this up, but this guy seems terrified. hes shaking his head, jerking his body, his speech rhythm is changing constantly, and he just seems very very nervous. he seems really unsure of how he is presenting his demo. that is, 'what do others think of my presentation?' i can see how presenting a product can make a developer very nervous as it can make or break interest in the product.
I think it is not so straightforward these days.

I get alienated by sleek presentations, this kind of approach makes me believe the devs actually could be humans :D

Looks like a variation on Cycle with maybe a couple of different wrinkles thrown in. If this synth impresses you (and it certainly did me) you might want to look into Cycle. It's a bitch to program (I think this synth might be a little easier) but it's very deep and you can come up with some amazing sounds.

I too think this will be a CPU hog as is Cycle.

The sound quality in the video wasn't great so I'll reserve judgment until I hear it for myself.

Am looking forward to trying it out as well.

Hey Guys. It's Tom from Synth Anatomy

I was on the booth of Jobomusic on the Messe.
It's very special synthesizer where you can:
- make your own waveforms with a new kind of synthesis: construct morphing
- design your own filters (is awesome)
- Download and share presets with other users
- you can visualize many things

I talked also with the guys about the pricing and final release. On the price, they plan to release the synthesizer under a special
price system. You will get a basic synthesizer of an X price and if you want more you must buy the bonus things. I tell them it's not the best way to sell a plugin and it's better to sell a complete synthesizer where people can play with all features, ... But no real price yet announced

A final release is planned for near end of year. But it's not really known. If the betas and feedbacks goes well it can be earlier ;)

I make a little video on the Messe about this synthesizer ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSWTSsGvO0
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:Hey Guys. It's Tom from Synth Anatomy

I was on the booth of Jobomusic on the Messe.
It's very special synthesizer where you can:
- make your own waveforms with a new kind of synthesis: construct morphing
- design your own filters (is awesome)
- Download and share presets with other users
- you can visualize many things

I talked also with the guys about the pricing and final release. On the price, they plan to release the synthesizer under a special
price system. You will get a basic synthesizer of an X price and if you want more you must buy the bonus things. I tell them it's not the best way to sell a plugin and it's better to sell a complete synthesizer where people can play with all features, ... But no real price yet announced

A final release is planned for near end of year. But it's not really known. If the betas and feedbacks goes well it can be earlier ;)

I make a little video on the Messe about this synthesizer ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSWTSsGvO0
The "if you want more" is kind of puzzling. I know a little something about programs. The basic engine of the synth has to come complete, unless they're seriously making a cut down version.

So the only thing I can think of as far as what they mean by "if you want more" is probably if you want more presets, which doesn't matter to me because I do all my own programming. But a cut down version? Who would even want it?

Yeah, this kind of puzzles me a bit.

I tell them to think about it a second time because sell a synth like a synth with "in-app purchase" is not very nice. But the price model is not yet fix. We will see the final price model for the release version ;)
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote:I tell them to think about it a second time because sell a synth like a synth with "in-app purchase" is not very nice
Could you explain what you mean by "in-app purchase" because I'm really not following you.

What exactly are they not giving you if you buy the stripped down version or whatever it is?

They don't tell it what will be in-app purchase. If presets or sound features or..., I don't know.
But they tell me that they want a price model with an Basic Version with additional purchases.
If this features will be presets, new functions or other thinks, I don't know, sry
Synth Anatomy

Synth Anatomy

Wow... This looks class. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Okay, I'm just gonna come out and say it. If you (general "you") are not excited about this synth, you need to get your pulse checked for signs of life.

I can't even imagine all the creative possibilities with this thing.

Of course if you're just into the "wub-wub-wub" and "supersaw-me-in-half" crap that has all but taken over electronic music, then yeah, I guess this won't do much for you.

Me? I signed up for the beta test and can't wait to get my hands on this no matter what the cost.

And I haven't said that about a synth in a very long time.

[quote="wagtunes" I know a little something about programs. The basic engine of the synth has to come complete, unless they're seriously making a cut down version.[/quote]

If you think that, you dont know enough about programs. Its entirely possible to build synth plugin which has its capabilities extended by its own 'plugin' format. In fact, its already been done.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:[quote="wagtunes" I know a little something about programs. The basic engine of the synth has to come complete, unless they're seriously making a cut down version.

If you think that, you dont know enough about programs. Its entirely possible to build synth plugin which has its capabilities extended by its own 'plugin' format. In fact, its already been done.
Could you name some examples so I know what you're talking about because all the synth VSTs that I have are all self contained except for 3rd party patch libraries. Maybe Rekator could be considered an exception as it's more a shell than anything else and can host just about any kind of ensemble.

All I know is, my Omnisphere is complete. My Massive is complete. My Zebra 2 is complete. And so on. So what synth VSTs can be expanded upon outside of just buying a 3rd party patch library?

I was at Messe and I was impressed by this synthesizer. The synth was in alpha and it's flash me already there
But what I doesn't love and also give them my feedback about their possible price model
Synth Anatomy

Return to “Instruments”