Shreddage II/FL Studio Keyswitch issue

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Shreddage II in FL 8 using the Kontakt 5.3.1 player & everything is running smoothly except for the following issue:
I was experimenting with the keyswitches in piano roll and triggered the vibrato. Problem was I couldn't get the vibrato to stop. Every subsequent note in the track had some glitchy vibrato type sound. This was easily remedied by closing the project without saving. On re-opening everything was back to normal. Unfortunately I was tinkering around in the keyswitch area one day & triggered something, then forgot to exit without saving, the result being that the track now has a permanent glitchiness in the lower registers that I can't get rid of. Just today, before posting this topic, I recreated the same error just to make sure I had my facts straight. I triggered all the notes from C1 up in one sweep, then played back my audio & the guitar sound was altered into something dull & glitchy.
My obvious question is 'does anyone know what is causing this?' Also, does anyone know how I can undo whatever I triggered in my saved project? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm in the mastering stage with this track & would like to fix the glitch before working on the guitars.
Thanks.

FredZeppelin wrote:I have Shreddage II in FL 8 using the Kontakt 5.3.1 player & everything is running smoothly except for the following issue:
I was experimenting with the keyswitches in piano roll and triggered the vibrato. Problem was I couldn't get the vibrato to stop. Every subsequent note in the track had some glitchy vibrato type sound. This was easily remedied by closing the project without saving. On re-opening everything was back to normal. Unfortunately I was tinkering around in the keyswitch area one day & triggered something, then forgot to exit without saving, the result being that the track now has a permanent glitchiness in the lower registers that I can't get rid of. Just today, before posting this topic, I recreated the same error just to make sure I had my facts straight. I triggered all the notes from C1 up in one sweep, then played back my audio & the guitar sound was altered into something dull & glitchy.
My obvious question is 'does anyone know what is causing this?' Also, does anyone know how I can undo whatever I triggered in my saved project? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm in the mastering stage with this track & would like to fix the glitch before working on the guitars.
Thanks.
Vibrato is triggered via mod wheel, so is it possible you drew in some automation (or initialized automation) that was causing the issue? Make sure CC1 (mod wheel) is set to 0 at the beginning of the track. The only thing related to vibrato on a key switch would be the pinch squeals. If you don't want that articulation you can disable it on the Articulations page!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I've checked CC1 & it's set to 0. As is the mod wheel in the Kontakt GUI. Sending a zero value via CC1 to Shreddage does not stop the vibrato. Now that's weird! Like I said the vibrato is just stuck 'ON' and won't disengage. The only way to get it to stop is by closing shreddage. I've tinkered with this issue in two different versions of FL Studio & on two different PC's. Same results. I contacted Impact Soundworks and while they seemed interested at first, asking me to send them an FLP file demonstrating the problem, they went suddenly quiet & would'nt answer my emails. Now that pisses me off. I paid good money for their clunky program & expect some sort of courtesy. Even a message saying they were sorry & the key switches don't work properly in FL Studio, or something like that, would be OK. At least then I'd know not to waste time trying to fix the issue & instead develop a work-around.
Does anyone else here have similar issues with Shreddage II key switches?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”