VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

thecontrolcentre wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
That's rather odd, Im in the UK and was able to pay in USD.
Maybe because you are not in the Euro IDK.
what's that?

UK/Britain certainly is in the EU, but Ive never heard of a Euro IDK, some sort of identity scheme?
IDK = I Don't Know :wink:
:bang:

Ok. Erm, yes, the United Kingdom is 'in the Euro'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

This is interesting. After buying Excalibur last week I didn't think i'd want another multi FX plugin for a while, but this is really something quite different since it has the rhythmic generator.

The actual FX in Excalibur are better IMO, as they tend to have this wonderful analog vibed warm feel, but I do love the editable rhythmic feature of Tantra. It's only £49 at the moment as well so I think i'll pick this up.

Using Tantra then Excalibur in series is immense though. You get the best of both plugins so the cool rhythmic filtering of Tantra and usefulness of its easily modifiable FX, but keep the wonderful sound quality of Excalibur.

whyterabbyt wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
That's rather odd, Im in the UK and was able to pay in USD.
Maybe because you are not in the Euro IDK.
what's that?

UK/Britain certainly is in the EU, but Ive never heard of a Euro IDK, some sort of identity scheme?
IDK = I Don't Know :wink:
:bang:

Ok. Erm, yes, the United Kingdom is 'in the Euro'.
erm, no.

You're in the EU.

You're not in the Euro zone, i.e the currency - which is quite obviously whats being discussed here.

Nice sounding effect, but the modulation is not very flexible or intuitive. The developer really needs to check out what developers like FAW, Madrona Labs and Xfer are doing with UI. Even check out Reason's Synchronous which makes creating advanced modulation sequences easy by using "shape brushes" while also letting you set the individual speed, offset and phase.
Luckily in Bitwig I can use its built in modulation devices.

Does every ShareIt-using developer who announces a new product that they have spent years working on have to endure pages of posts on this? I guess it makes a change from an Ilok discussion though ;)

I don't recall U-He's product announcement threads being like this.

As they say, just saying' ;)

lnikj wrote:Does every ShareIt-using developer who announces a new product that they have spent years working on have to endure pages of posts on this? I guess it makes a change from an Ilok discussion though ;)

I don't recall U-He's product announcement threads being like this.

As they say, just saying' ;)

nope, they don't have to endure it - i can always spend my money elsewhere.

:shrug:

lnikj wrote:Does every ShareIt-using developer who announces a new product that they have spent years working on have to endure pages of posts on this?
hopefully not now you are on the case to police everyone

in other news, the developer agrees the situation is not ideal and is seeking alternatives....so there is that :shrug:

Quite. He's looking into it.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
lnikj wrote:Does every ShareIt-using developer who announces a new product that they have spent years working on have to endure pages of posts on this?
hopefully not now you are on the case to police everyone

in other news, the developer agrees the situation is not ideal and is seeking alternatives....so there is that :shrug:

+1

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:in other news, the developer agrees the situation is not ideal and is seeking alternatives....so there is that :shrug:
Does he have a choice since the whining takes place in several posts? ;)

The alternative would be that (in extreme) only a single user keeps on blaming him like he did with Tone2... let's face it: we all know the inner mechanics of KVR. :roll:

elassi wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:in other news, the developer agrees the situation is not ideal and is seeking alternatives....so there is that :shrug:
Does he have a choice since the whining takes place in several posts? ;)

The alternative would be that (in extreme) only a single user keeps on blaming him like he did with Tone2... let's face it: we all know the inner mechanics of KVR. :roll:

of course he has a choice, but he seems pretty genuinely interested in seeking alternatives

it seems to make sense that a developer offer customers the best options that are available, without it affecting their own bottom line

Daags wrote:erm, no.

You're in the EU.
Yes, if you'd care to read properly I already said that.
You're not in the Euro zone, i.e the currency - which is quite obviously whats being discussed here.
No, it wasnt obvious, same as 'Euro IDK' wasnt obvious. 'In the Euro' could have also have been intended to mean 'In the European Union'. That's why I asked what he meant. Unlike some people when I don't know what someone means, I ask, I don't assume to speak for them.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Looks similar to Glitch. Think i still have the free version somewhere (v1 was free wasnt it?)

http://illformed.com/glitch/

Under KVR rule no47 para 7 subsection 52b I hereby invoke my right as the person who hijacked the thread initially to therefore ban any mention forthwith of share it and there questionable business practices :D

The phrase "in the Euro" is common around these parts for using the Euro as your National currency. Apologies for any confusion it caused.

Please lets all of this stop now and give Dmitry plugin the time it deserves it really is fantastic and deserves to be the conversation from now on.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Kriminal wrote:Looks similar to Glitch. Think i still have the free version somewhere (v1 was free wasnt it?)

http://illformed.com/glitch/
It is similar, I initially thought I have Camelspace/Turnado I don't need another one of these types of plugins. I did demo it and put it up against the two I mentioned and the difference is obvious. Much higher quality of fx/much deeper mod section swell as a great GUI and ease of use. A really clever interpretation of that genre of plug in and well worth a demo.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Effects”