Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

barryfell wrote:This is interesting. After buying Excalibur last week I didn't think i'd want another multi FX plugin for a while, but this is really something quite different since it has the rhythmic generator.

The actual FX in Excalibur are better IMO, as they tend to have this wonderful analog vibed warm feel, but I do love the editable rhythmic feature of Tantra. It's only £49 at the moment as well so I think i'll pick this up.

Using Tantra then Excalibur in series is immense though. You get the best of both plugins so the cool rhythmic filtering of Tantra and usefulness of its easily modifiable FX, but keep the wonderful sound quality of Excalibur.
ssshhh keep these secrets to yourself :wink: Indeed the two together sound remarkable. I find with Tantra that harmonically rich organic content really can give great results. It works great on electric guitars for example with Xcal
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Only just scratching the surface of the demo but I think i'm already sold.

I've recently been looking out for something to replace CamelSpace so the timing is cool :)
Fight Apathy or don't.

So, I own Camel Space (use a lot), BigSeq2 and Effectrix (use a little), all of which clearly overlap with Tantra. On the surface Tantra seems more robust and flexible, but I have not yet gotten deeply into it. Is there enough that's different and unique here on top of these other plugins to warrant a new purchase? I love its sound, but do I truly need it?

jc_vt wrote: Is there enough that's different and unique here on top of these other plugins to warrant a new purchase? I love its sound, but do I truly need it?
The fact that the modulators can modulate things like the speed and number of steps, of themselves and other modulators, perhaps?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

jc_vt wrote:So, I own Camel Space (use a lot), BigSeq2 and Effectrix (use a little), all of which clearly overlap with Tantra. On the surface Tantra seems more robust and flexible, but I have not yet gotten deeply into it. Is there enough that's different and unique here on top of these other plugins to warrant a new purchase? I love its sound, but do I truly need it?
you'd think not, but in fact, yes, you do. :D

I own Camel Space and BigSeq2 as well, along with Adrenalinn Sync, WOW2, FilterBank3, and probably a couple of others that I've forgotten, but Tantra still has enough to distinguish itself and warrant a purchase, imo.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Got it and reviewed it here. Spoiler: i loved it. 9/10, only CPU performance kept it from getting a perfect score. Finally a worthy successor to CamelSpace :)

Having hella fun here. The modulation possibilities are huge and don't require a special hat to understand. I'm all over this thing with happy accidents one after another. Bet I have a number of things that do some similar things, but Tantra sounds great, is inspiring, easy to use, looks great, is priced fairly, is extremely flexible (moreso than first meets the eye), and it works flawlessly for me straight out of the gate on v.1.0.

I may have a suggestion for a future release, if I'm not missing it somewhere (I have not RTFM yet, which is GREAT!): It would be handy to be able to quickly copy the mod patterns from one to another (for slight alterations for variation) without needing to save as a preset and open. Not a biggie.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I own CamelSpace and BigSeq2 as well as other filters/delays. However Tantra puts a big smile on my face and makes me feel like I did with the old Antares Filter, which was marketed as a rhythmic plugin before becoming sadly abandoned. That was one plugin I really missed. There was just something I loved there, and for me, Tantra has filled that void. It's fun. It sounds fantastic. What you can do with it is fantastic. CamelSpace has always given me usable results, but I think Tantra has it beat. I am so glad to have found this -- it's one of the very few plugins that I bought immediately without thinking it over first. Thank you Dmitry!

I've got it in a chain with Sequent and Permut8 now and the results are wild, to put it mildly. Tantra stands well on its own. What I have going on here is glitch mutation run amok. :hihi:

rustman wrote: I may have a suggestion for a future release, if I'm not missing it somewhere (I have not RTFM yet, which is GREAT!): It would be handy to be able to quickly copy the mod patterns from one to another (for slight alterations for variation) without needing to save as a preset and open. Not a biggie.
You can, using the options/wrench menu. Copy & paste modulator settings.

Mace404 wrote:
rustman wrote: I may have a suggestion for a future release, if I'm not missing it somewhere (I have not RTFM yet, which is GREAT!): It would be handy to be able to quickly copy the mod patterns from one to another (for slight alterations for variation) without needing to save as a preset and open. Not a biggie.
You can, using the options/wrench menu. Copy & paste modulator settings.
Excellent. Thank you for the tip. :tu:

rustman wrote:I've got it in a chain with Sequent and Permut8 now and the results are wild, to put it mildly. Tantra stands well on its own. What I have going on here is glitch mutation run amok. :hihi:
Good idea on Permut8. Ill have to try them in chain :D

Guys, post some audio examples of what you make please. I want to hear how other people are using it :)
:hug:

Oh dear.. there's been another GAS leak here! :P
(How could I possibly not buy this? ;) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

In fact, I do have a small feature request (GUI)..
Unless the problem is that I need a new pair of glasses :P, I really wish there were a numerical (percentage?) readout for Tension, Gate, and Shuffle.. especially those last two, because their settings are critical to the rhythm/feel ;).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

vic_france wrote:I really wish there were a numerical (percentage?) readout for Tension, Gate, and Shuffle.. especially those last two, because their settings are critical to the rhythm/feel ;).
+1 for that. It'd be nice to know what the values are too in case you want to use the same value in another instance.

Return to “Effects”