Choke Groups

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any updates on the choke groups, I see mono in the sampler. It doesn't cut the other pad off. We're up to 1.1.7, will it be in 1.2 :?:

Hopefully!
My YouTube channel (Production & Mixing Tutorials) : http://bit.ly/JC_Biffro-My_Channel :D

My SoundCloud : https://soundcloud.com/jcbiffro 8)

You can already do this with an audio mod (or a note mod if you're sequencing your drums on different tracks).

Just put your sampler that you want choked inside an audio mod device, put the input for the audio mod to the channel you want to signal the choke, then map the audio mod to the output of the sampler (a negative mod amount down to 0 or whatever). Easy peasy!

Adam_V wrote:You can already do this with an audio mod (or a note mod if you're sequencing your drums on different tracks).

Just put your sampler that you want choked inside an audio mod device, put the input for the audio mod to the channel you want to signal the choke, then map the audio mod to the output of the sampler (a negative mod amount down to 0 or whatever). Easy peasy!
Just wanted to add: If it's a long sample and you want to cut the tail, use a short midi note to trigger it, long release on the sampler and audio mod to modulate the release knob.

powermat wrote:
Adam_V wrote:You can already do this with an audio mod (or a note mod if you're sequencing your drums on different tracks).

Just wanted to add: If it's a long sample and you want to cut the tail, use a short midi note to trigger it, long release on the sampler and audio mod to modulate the release knob.
Oor bitwig make a choke groups :D its no bad to have, sure we can work our way around but like having to say making to work our way around it to make it work allways hurt to say. I am sure bitwig will have a more solid solution in future, but i think the solutions that excist are great cause there are more important features that doesnt have solutions that needs to be adressed, like comp record/loop record/multitake.

But its better to put audiomod on bypass rather than release. Cause if it gets the sound from something else it will stop playing right away :) but i made a solution for this myself, using notemod with having it controll enable or disable on sampler using the envelopes. Then note reciever in note fx and after that with note filter :) you could even use a note filter to turn it off when pressing hard on that note but loose playing its open :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Return to “Bitwig”