Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Because of the full hardware integration for S1 the long period till v3 makes somehow sense imo..

..but now it have to be released godd*mn! :x
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Possible?
I suppose almost anything is possible. It might also be possible that they just don't want to do like Steiny, release something that's maybe not quite ready for prime time yet... and given the apparent lack of any (if they don't have any or as much) real financial pressures on the back end... maybe they can do that... wait as long as they want.

But who the hell knows? :shrug: We're all here speculating. :)

One thing we know for certain, lots of people are going to buy it (and everything else) anyway, no matter how long it takes to get it. :) See Logic X. :hihi:

Time for catpix??

A la Bitwig?

:hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Why does it always have to be cats??

There are so many other nice animals! :)

If cat pics do start wrecking the topic I hope the op seizes back the initiative and locks the thread.
No need for that banging beatz type of tardiness in a proper daw topic :hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Whooosh :dog: :hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Barry

I moved away from S1 because of lack of development. To reaper. But reaper crashed in 2 weeks more often than S1 in a year. And it has many small annoyances, most features are almost there but not really. VSTs that resize the screen (vacuum pro when switching to smart mode) make reaper redraw it wrong (on floating mode).

I think I'm back to S1. Even though it's almost abandoned, and behind almost every other DAW. It works, which is important :).

CPU usage is ... ugh. I really wonder if they will improve that in 3.0

That's strange, on my system S1 is the most buggy host apart from eXT (which is unusable)

On my system i7 920 2.66 1366 , S1V2s Impact mpc style sampler has at times hogged and maxxed out the CPU , very strange behavior .......

On my system, i52400, 6 gb ram, win 7 home I had ZERO crashes with Studio One in the last year or so.

It just works.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

It doesn't matter which processor or how much RAM do you have in you computer, what's really important to know why S1 is stable or not for you is your sound card.
urlwolf wrote:I moved away from S1 because of lack of development. To reaper. But reaper crashed in 2 weeks more often than S1 in a year. And it has many small annoyances, most features are almost there but not really. VSTs that resize the screen (vacuum pro when switching to smart mode) make reaper redraw it wrong (on floating mode).

I think I'm back to S1. Even though it's almost abandoned, and behind almost every other DAW. It works, which is important :).

CPU usage is ... ugh. I really wonder if they will improve that in 3.0
Yes, S1 is abandoned. Presonus pay nine German engineers to work in one the most expensive cities in the world just because they are that kind of assholes.

And, frankly, I don't know why you are expecting a 3.0 version if it is abandoned.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

24MTS wrote:On my system, i52400, 6 gb ram, win 7 home I had ZERO crashes with Studio One in the last year or so.

It just works.
Same here. Some experience that but others don't though.

Happens with all DAWs really... :shrug:
Barry

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”