OhmPlug: free UVI rompler for Ohm Studio

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OhmPlug looks like a decent free all round rompler at 1,4GB

But can it work in UVI Workstation outside of OhmStudio, in any DAW?

https://www.ohmstudio.com/doc/ohmplug-uvi-win
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat May 09, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

looks interesting , I have the UVI Workstation version 2.5.11 installed I'm going to try to download and let you know.

Can't see a reason why it wouldn't work. Unless you have to own Ohm Studio to make it work... I can't seem to be able to load it in MF3 over here.

Doesn't seem to work for me in Sonar.
uvierror.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Matt

I get the same error in FL Studio, using UVI v2.5.4

This is the same error I get for libs when I try opening UVI workstation without iLok inserted.

I therefore wonder if one needs to register OhmPlug in some way to get a licence that can be added to the PACE license manager?

I confirm in version 2.5.11 not work , I get the same error, the website says to use the version 2.1.8.

unfortunately it does not work , OhmPlug is bounds to Ohm Studio only

basically Ohm Studio (needs to run) are the license to open OhmPlug and also it works only inside Ohm Studio with Workstation Version 2.1.8

Installing UVI 2.1.8 32-bit (OhmStudio is 32bit only) I was able to get it to work inside OhmStudio, but outside of OhmStudio the library won't load. And OhmStudio can't use a newer UVI Workstation. Too bad really but it appears UVI Workstation also supports a specific host as a form of authorization in addition to Pace/iLok.
-Matt

msorrels wrote:Installing UVI 2.1.8 32-bit (OhmStudio is 32bit only) I was able to get it to work inside OhmStudio, but outside of OhmStudio the library won't load. And OhmStudio can't use a newer UVI Workstation. Too bad really but it appears UVI Workstation also supports a specific host as a form of authorization in addition to Pace/iLok.
:(

Kind of a no-go then, as will need to have installed several versions of UVI workstations, not an option for me.

Got it to work, installing UVI WS 2.1.8, and running it in Ohm Studio (free), GUI looks like this:

There is 108 patches and 128 loops included:

09: Keyboards-Acoustic
10: Keyboards-Electric
10: Guitars
13: Bass
18: Orchestral
10: World-Mallet
12: Synths
05: Acoustic Drums
07: Electronic Drums
12: Percussions

Loops
96: Drums
20: Electro
12: Urban

A decent rompler, but very annoying that Ohm Studio crashes all the time :x I got 4GB of RAM using Win 7 64 bit, should be enough to keep it up and running.

Hi there,
Just found this post.
This free OhmPlug is only accessible within OhmStudio.
Hope this clarifies.

So is the lib specially made for OhmStudio, or is it a selection of patches taken from other UVI libs?

Is this a similar soundset to the free Symptohm PE VST?
https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do?p=SymptohmPE

thecontrolcentre wrote:Is this a similar soundset to the free Symptohm PE VST?
https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do?p=SymptohmPE
Maybe, but unlike Sympthom PE you can actually read the text of the OhmPlug GUI on a hi-rez screen :D

@ UVI Doctor:
Numanoid wrote:So is the lib specially made for OhmStudio, or is it a selection of patches taken from other UVI libs?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”