Apple Loops format in Windows

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Windows and don't have easy access to an Apple computer. I would like to find Windows programs that do the following.

(1) Read .aif/.aiff files and display any Apple Loops information they contain -- looping information (start, end, loop type) and/or transient markers (AKA stretch markers). Lots of programs display and update the informational tags (title, artist, etc.). Kontakt will load loop points but not, as far as I can tell, transient markers. I haven't yet found a Windows program that uses Apple Loops transient markers.

(2) Convert Apple Loops to Acidized wave. I'm under the impression that not every feature of the Apple Loops format can be converted, but I'd like to do what's possible. Ideally, this would be in batch mode but converting them one by each in an editor would be okay.

Thanks in advance.

--Bob Richard

Sorry I can't answer but I would like to know if anyone can!
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Can anyone confirm that what I am looking for does not exist? Thanks.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:AFAIK Image-Line's Edison can open Apple Loops and save them as Acidized wav files. I don't know if it reads all information of the Apple Loops, though, and there's no batch conversion.
Thanks, I'll have to check on that. I've never looked at FL Studio before.
Chapelle wrote:Sony's Sound Forge might be able to do this also as a quick Google search suggests. I'm not familiar with it and I have no idea if it is indeed possible or if it has batch conversion.
I looked at both Sound Forge and Sony ACID. Like many programs, they open .aiff files but appear to treat Apple Loops as plain .aiff.

Chapelle wrote:AFAIK Image-Line's Edison can open Apple Loops and save them as Acidized wav files. I don't know if it reads all information of the Apple Loops, though, and there's no batch conversion.
Edison does appear to convert Apple Loops to ACID. I can't be sure whether it's converting all of the Apple Loops metadata or only some of it. But some is better than none.

No batch conversion, but Image Line does have a scripting language. I haven't looked at it yet, so I don't know whether scripts can loop through all the files in a directory. That would be icing on the cake.
Thanks again.

--Bob Richard

rrichard63 wrote:
Edison does appear to convert Apple Loops to ACID. I can't be sure whether it's converting all of the Apple Loops metadata or only some of it. But some is better than none.

No batch conversion, but Image Line does have a scripting language. I haven't looked at it yet, so I don't know whether scripts can loop through all the files in a directory. That would be icing on the cake.
Thanks again.

--Bob Richard
I've just done the test and yes, you can convert Apple Loops to wavs and it keeps the metadata. I can drag and drop the resulting acid wav in the sequencer and everything adjust automatically.

SampleScience wrote:I've just done the test and yes, you can convert Apple Loops to wavs and it keeps the metadata. I can drag and drop the resulting acid wav in the sequencer and everything adjust automatically.
Thank you for confirming that.

I save markers & tempo/length in beats. The ACID extension is a little weird, though.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Return to “Soundware”