One year since any Amplitube Custom Shop *amps* have been released... :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Custom Shop

Arrested Developer wrote:
xphen0m wrote: It's not bad pre say, but it's not good either.
just one little thing, no offense intended, but it's "per se"
That's latin, and the meaning is: "in itself"
That's fail afaik. It's also a really poor use of commas.

AC222 wrote: Thanks so much for the update. Knowing that will keep my spirits up for a while :hihi:

I was mostly kidding but I am so glad you popped in. You're like Batman. Peter for President!!! :party:
Thanks! I'm running against Batman, coincidentally, so I don't have very high hopes.

Arrested Developer wrote:
xphen0m wrote: It's not bad pre say, but it's not good either.
just one little thing, no offense intended, but it's "per se"
That's latin, and the meaning is: "in itself"
Actually, it's "by itself" :party:

how many amps does you need smh

jimmy page probably used less than 10 amps in his whole life

Fleer wrote: Actually, it's "by itself" :party:
Merriam-webster says:
"by, of, or in itself"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per%20se

sorry that i brought this up.
Long, long time ago i had to learn lots of Latin in school for years,
and somehow i still like this language a lot, and after
i saw "per say" a couple of times in the last weeks
i felt the urge to correct. :borg:

dp

mike the mental wrote:how many amps does you need smh

Jimmy Page probably used even less than 10 sounds, too.
Not everyone is a basic dadrocker.

mike the mental wrote:how many amps does you need smh

well I own 6 tube amps plus a Marshall 9000 tube pre-amp. One of my amps is a custom built Frenzel is single ended and can use any octal based power tube (of which I have a nice collection) and it runs in pentode or triode modes. I have two other Frenzel amps as well, put together with the line outs and line ins with those, a 50 watt jet city (with sovteks tubes) and an Egnater Rebel* I have an interesting and powerful matrix of tube amps. Each Frenzel has an input for Fender voicing and Marshall voicing and are set up with a raw control so I can bypass the tone controls (I can also use an ABY box to use both inputs at the same time). All together this gives me countless combinations pretty much bringing me every tone one could ask for and I'm not done.

I guess either the subtleties matter or they dont, they do to me...however I gave up sims a while back now that I have the ability to mic up a real amp. I do own the current AT, GR4 GTR3.5, a POD XT Live, a POD 2.0 and of course VANDAL as I use Samplitude Pro X2 Suite for my host :shrug:

*the Egnater actually sits in my living room on top of a 1x12 cab with an Alesis Midiverb 4...it's my jam amp :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Arrested Developer wrote:dp
Bis in idem.
QED :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
AC222 wrote: Thanks so much for the update. Knowing that will keep my spirits up for a while :hihi:

I was mostly kidding but I am so glad you popped in. You're like Batman. Peter for President!!! :party:
Thanks! I'm running against Batman, coincidentally, so I don't have very high hopes.
So you really ARE the Riddler!!!??? :o :wheee: :shock:

VitaminD wrote:

LMAO. I threw in the Batman reference because whenever danger calls, the crowd flashes the signal and Peter comes to the rescue.

I wonder which brand of Riddler you are thinking. Jim Careyesque?

I can confirm the news from Messe. I talk with IK Multimedia and they are planning and working on Amplitube 4 ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:I can confirm the news from Messe. I talk with IK Multimedia and they are planning and working on Amplitube 4 ;)
Hate to burst your bubble (I am as excited about Amplitube 4 as you are), but they have been talking about Amplitube 4 for several years and have said they have been working on it since at least last year. This is not new talk. Unfortunately, I believe we are still quite a number of months away.

I'm hoping to see more bass head/amp options in Amplitude. Maybe something from Eden or Aguilar :D

AC222 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

LMAO. I threw in the Batman reference because whenever danger calls, the crowd flashes the signal and Peter comes to the rescue.

I wonder which brand of Riddler you are thinking. Jim Careyesque?
The 'original' one Image of course. :ud: :hihi:

Btw this is not an insult, wanted to point that out. On the contrary, I enjoy the old Batman episodes as they are very fun! :)

Return to “Effects”