3am - it's been while (new music)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two new tracks...

https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/untold-wip
UntoldA modular synth jam with an Electron Analog4 and Octatrack. Make Noise suit case synth sequenced by Audio Damage Sequencer 1. This one is a bit rough. I plan to re-do the drums and edit it down a bit.

https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/dwindle
Dwindle
This is just a weird noodle, using the Sampler in Bigwig Studio for granular textures.

Here is the second draft of Untold...
https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/untold-second-draft
Untold (Second Draft)

I improved the drums and added another synth part, using the amazing Ambika hybrid polysynth. I also improved the mix and shortened it slightly.

I hope you enjoy it!

I've only listened to the second draft of "untold" (I'll check out the weird noodle soon). I think I was expecting something noisier (or uglier, with that being understood as a complimentary word). I like this. It's pretty, but it still has an oddness and some really cool sounds. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Hey, thanks dude!
Yeah, normally I'm all about ugly. I've kinda been challenging myself to do more melodic stuff with my modular and other outboard gear and focus on composing on the fly. Let me tell you... It's really hard!

Also, Untold was sequenced with only hardware sequencers. Syncing three MIDI sequencers and four analog sequencers is no small task. If I did each part as separate takes it would have been a lot easier but I decided to do as much in one take as possible. :bang:

It was a lot of fun but I don't think I'll be doing another track that way in the future. :lol:

Thanks again for listening!

Re Dwindle:it's always fun to hear something different done on a DAW one hasn't tried yet. :tu:

Thumbs up on the weird noodle. Just finished my second listen. Cool stuff.
No longer a moderator.

I really think your hard work paid of with - Untold (second draft).

What a great listening :tu:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Thanks for listening!
Dwindle was a lot of fun to do. The whole thing is based on one 4 note sample which I loaded into the Sampler in Bitwig, then just played around with the parameters using my Panorama P1 (shameless promotion, see Nektar link below).

I'm glad you enjoyed Untold, sbj. I had a great time working on it.

Both drafts of "Untold" are quite interesting. The second is indeed superior, but the first was by no means a bad thing. I enjoyed both but preferred the added sounds and slighly shorter length of the second draft.

The noodle is a pretty minimal type of ambient. As noted by my failure to do that kind of minimalism myself, I guess you can tell it's not my personal focus ;-) so I've no constructive commentary. Interesting sounds, though.

More like "Untold" would be welcome :-) Sounds like it was challenging but also worthwhile! I have almost zero intent to try to synch multiple devices like that. Technical hurdles aren't my forte any more. With my external gear, I'll record bits and pieces separately and save myself the challenge :oops: :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

On second listen, I think I'll email myself the link to the mp3 of draft two so I can add it to my iTunes library for repeat listening in future. Thanks for sharing your work :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

i found 'untold' disturbingly beautiful ...
perhaps your most accessible work , to date ...
i could see this being used to sell cars ...

but those cars ... at night ...
they transmogrify in an unsettling liquid manner ...
the starlight drips from their polished frames ...
that humming from under the hood ... is that singing ?...
the cloud waves break ...

I'm saving Untold for later tonight. I really enjoyed Dwindle. Great sounds and reverb. It sounds like a bunch of long-unused robotic gear being rebooted in an underground cave complex. It sounded really good on my big system.

Good work :)

"Untold" is a great track. Yeah, it certainly sounds more composed and "radio-ready" :wink: than your regular pieces, but that isn't a criticism. The overall vibe of this reminds me of some of Larry Fast's late '70s/early '80s music. Lovely sounds coming out of those synths.

Good work :)

i just had my third listen :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Clever logo on your SoundCloud page, Justin :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”