How to Unlearn midi Assignments?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I somehow managed to link a couple of midi notes on my keyboard to functions in tracktion, but now I cant unlink them. How is this done?
Edit: T6.10 btw...

Let the Bumping begin...

No idea. Have you tried clicking the function again to deselect?

Gymnopedies wrote:I somehow managed to link a couple of midi notes on my keyboard to functions in tracktion, but now I cant unlink them. How is this done?
Edit: T6.10 btw...
I think I explained it near the end of this video:

http://youtu.be/tqz5PFqb_mk

Bill's video has a thorough overview of the feature but there are two quick ways to remove an assignment.
- Hold shift and click the coloured assignment label whilst in MIDI learn mode.
- Bring up the assignment list (from the Control Surfaces settings page) and delete the rows you don't want.

Hope that helps.

dRowAudio wrote:Bill's video has a thorough overview of the feature but there are two quick ways to remove an assignment.
- Hold shift and click the coloured assignment label whilst in MIDI learn mode.
Right, I missed that at the time. The shift-click method is covered in the official Tracktion video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkzGstzgyM

Though one could argue that such a feature (removal of a learned assignment) should be a bit more discoverable than that.

Shift-clicking is very much an "engineer's UI" and not terribly user-friendly.
Thanks,
- Matt

m_a_t_t wrote:Though one could argue that such a feature (removal of a learned assignment) should be a bit more discoverable than that.

Shift-clicking is very much an "engineer's UI" and not terribly user-friendly.
Hi, O.P. here. Yes this did work but I have to say the "shift-click" remedy stands out as being one of the most obscure I've seen in a very long while.
Had I not asked here, I could have been living with unwanted assignments for a very long time.

I suggest an "Unlearn" button on main screen midi mappings page.
quick, _ake what you want in life

574X wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:15 am I suggest an "Unlearn" button on main screen midi mappings page.
You are replying to a thread from 2015.

Why isn't this addressed then?
This is the correct forum.
Do you propose I make a new thread right here for the same purpose?
The information about several negative user experiences is right here in this thread.
That's why I found this thread when I had this same problem.
quick, _ake what you want in life

Return to “Tracktion”