Sharing presets

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

I use BitTorrent "Sync" to synchronize my mac (studio) and my PC (office) where I have Bitwig installed and basically I just sync a "Projects" folder, but I'd like to know where the presets are for the various containers and if I can put them under the same folder so they sync also?

btw, if you haven't tried "Sync" out, it's an amazing tool for this and remote collaboration too.

These presets?

/Users/[TypeUsernameHere]/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Library

Press "Command + Shift + G" in your finder window and paste that in. And i'm not sure where the PC folder is located.

No, I haven't tried "Sync" I might check it out.

Bitwig saves clips and presets in the "Bitwig Library" folder, which you can configure in the browser configuration tab.

I use google drive, it's free and works nice.

Well, Sync is unlimited - Google Drive is only free for a certain no. of gigabytes. For example, I have about 400 Gigs of live recordings and samples and the like, and that is all synced seamlessly when any of the files change.
Also Sync works on your local network without going via the cloud so it is extremely fast. (and I mean *really* fast)
You can also install the Sync client on a Synology or drobo backup store and have a backup taken automatically/constantly.

But anyway, so the Bitwig Library folder is where the presets are saved, ok, I'll set that to sit in a sub-folder in my Projects folder so it syncs also.

Return to “Bitwig”