Composer Cloud from EastWest

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EastWest Lurker wrote:The idea is that with the large libraries, you download them 1 at a time, preferably overnight.

And once you download the libraries onto a drive, then it is only a matter of where the license(s) is/are.
im not sure i understand.

say yes, if i can install the files and keep them, saving me the need to ever download them again, and allowing me the ability to move them say to another pc, and that i will only need online authorization to use them.

or say no, if one must download the library for every computer they wish to use it on, they can't back up the files.

yes or no? or go further into detail about how this works.

You would not have to re-download the libraries since you have them on an external drive and since it is a tied to your Composer Cloud account, I would think you might just have to re-download a license but I will ask.
Jay Asher, Composer, Logic Pro Consultant and Certified Trainer
www.jayasher.com
jay@jayasher.com

I hope they have improved the download speed. downloading the silver series
and ghostwriter was a nightmare. I have turbo cable modem.

if you go on cloud, then hope that EW servers or authorization process will work better than adobe ones!

http://www.creativebloq.com/adobe/creat ... 11704#null

EastWest Lurker wrote:You would not have to re-download the libraries...
I have a question I can not get answered by EastWest support.
I'm not trollling here, I swear, but the support has been awful trying to get these questions answered. I do understand that you are probably inundated with emails, but this is a huge one for me:

Can Cubase 6 run Play 4?

I did get an email from support that says "Cubase/Nuendo 4.1 or later are required as 64-bit hosts. Cubase 5 and lower users will have to use PLAY 3.0.47. Yes you will have to use the latest version of Play 4 but Cubase 6 should be fine"

A few issues...
1- "Cubase/Nuendo 4.1" doesn't specify which Cubase.
2- The link to Play 3.0.47 only links to 4.2.2. I can't find a way to get to 3.0.47
3- "Yes you will have to use the latest version of Play 4 but Cubase 6 should be fine", but on the EastWest website
http://www.soundsonline.com/Play-Softwa ... 5&type=w64
states "Cubase 6 and lower users will have to use PLAY 3.0.47 (available here). Steinberg fixed the issue in Cubase 7 if you wish to use PLAY 4.”

Again, the (available here) link leads to 4.2.2.

So the site says Cubase 6 won't work, but support says "Cubase 6 should be fine".
I know I'm running a older version, but I can't afford the upgrade at the moment, so do you know FOR SURE if v4.2.2 (or any v4 that will run Composer Cloud) will work inside Cubase 6?

I sent these same questions back to support and can not get a response, and the clock is ticking on the discount for existing customers.

I'm probably willing to go ahead and sign up to lock down the lower rate and just save to get Cubase 8 (although I read that Cubase 8 is having problems with Play 4 as well).

Any info? Thanks

Just a FYI for everyone. I bit on this.

Download speed is slow as dirt and I "disconnect" multiple times a day. Aside from that it's great.
If it sounds good it is good.

If anyone is interested, I got a response back from support about this issue.

"We have re tested Cubase 6 with the latest OS’S.

Windows 7 and 8 64 bit
Macintosh Yosemite 64 bit

Both work great."

I signed up and paid for the service already, but have not started download process.

Hopefully all will work okay.

I like the overall CC idea - I already subscribe to Adobe CC.

Where I struggle is with having to choose only 7 instruments.

I just know I'll pick the wrong 7 and want to change my mind later.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Maybe I don't understand what you're saying but with Composer Cloud you're not limited to 7.

7 collections for $29.99

Everything for $49.99
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Oh, sorry I didn't even know they offered the $29.99 for 7 collections.

A bad deal for mediocre product.

kevvvvv wrote:Where I struggle is with having to choose only 7 instruments.
I just know I'll pick the wrong 7 and want to change my mind later.
Every 3 months of continuous subscription, you get to pick another additional instrument with -that's the way it seems- no impact on the subscription price.

Now, just so I understand everything correctly...

If I sign up for a year's subscription of the 7-library plan, I would pay 27€ per month for a year. Plus the one-time 30€ sign-up fee. And should I change my mind in 3 months, I'd have to fork out 27€ * 9 remaining months * 50% = 121.50€ as a cancellation fee? That's insane.

I love how the guys at Allegorithmic (3D texturing software) handle this, it's not a "you're either 100% in or 100% out" subscription but a very flexible and forgiving "rent to own" plan.

Pay $20 per month, stop/pause anytime. If you ever decide to continue, it's still only $20/month for the unpaid remainder. There's an option to pay off the remaining "credit" anytime, so you could subscribe for 6 months and then pay off the rest in one go when it's time for your Christmas bonus. When the subscription ends after 16 months (or premature payment), the software is entirely yours, you then own a valid license forever.

So these guys have the perfect setup: great software, a very convenient and realistic payment option, and an incentive to actually continue paying.

EW seem to have a more frail setup: OK software (Play, not the samples), inconvenient payment method, and no incentive to keep paying or re-join after cancelling. Once you cancel, you'll be so pissed off about your 200€ cancelling fee that you'll never consider subscribing again. Even if you would consider subscribing again, you'd be put off even more by having to lay down yet another sign-up fee.

Or you could pick a monthly plan instead and pay 150% (39€ instead of 26€) for your subscription to start with. And has anyone explicitly stated yet that monthly plans don't require paying the sign-up fee over and over again?

39€ for a month with 7 EW libraries sounds like a great way to demo them, but nothing more.

Appreciate the offer, but I'll keep my nose out of this.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

The 29.99 Goes up after the first year to 49.99, i think.
The reason they lock you in to a year is because it would make thing difficult for pace.

spirit wrote:A bad deal for mediocre product.
Couldn't agree less. Absolutely exquisite libraries.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”