FR: Track Delay

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was one of my requests as well so +1000. If all my snares could be slightly off with a click of a mouse I would be so happy.

HamHat wrote:This was one of my requests as well so +1000. If all my snares could be slightly off with a click of a mouse I would be so happy.
I also want this! To make a clap start before the kick and maybe a snare right after. Its hell to drag a snare out of line and be sure to keep position right through the entire project :) just to predelay or delay the track would do alot of helpful and make it easy to keep it align to track with clips in same position
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

A working "hack" (at least for midi/arrange) is: select one clip, than go to note-editor (all clips of this track are "in" the editor, even if u dont see them), select on event, than press cmd+A (selects all events) and now move one (with shift-key) to this offset u want. All events will gets this offset u set.

well, and how do you determine the exact time that is shifted for example in ms?

harmoney wrote:A working "hack" (at least for midi/arrange) is: select one clip, than go to note-editor (all clips of this track are "in" the editor, even if u dont see them), select on event, than press cmd+A (selects all events) and now move one (with shift-key) to this offset u want. All events will gets this offset u set.
Lol okey got it ;) allready know though, its just when someone comes with and solution for improving workflow someone has to come and say how to do something we all allready know -.- we want track predelay and delay for improving workflow, i just hate when suggesting or reading others suggesting an awesome idea they have to pulverise that great idea with "you can do it this way ..." . Yes we can but obvious we want track delay for our purpose of making life easier... We all know we can timeshift clips or notes god damnit. Also somewhere you cant timeshift clips is in the cliplauncher. Right ?;)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

ok, by checking the calculator: http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator ... potime.htm

Given: 100 BPM

1/2 = 1200 ms
1/4 = 600 ms
1/8 = 300 ms
1/16 = 150 ms
1/32 = 75 ms
1/64 = 37,5 ms
1/ 84 = 18,75
1/168 = 9,375
1/336 = 4,69 ms

what if i now want to have exact 5ms, wich note length is that? :)

i really like this: "what if.." cases :hihi: but i don't really enjoy math, also what happens when i automate bpm?

ronnyrydgren wrote: we want track predelay and delay for improving workflow, i just hate when suggesting or reading others suggesting an awesome idea they have to pulverise that great idea with
I also want TD, but its neither an awesome idea (i´m shure it´s still of the agenda) not do i pulverise this "great idea"!
I also want 10millions Euro, but i dont have it! And as long i dont have this millions: If anybody suggest me a good job with overfair conditions should i answer: Dont destroy my wishes!?

PDC is one of those things my head really doesn't like. Probably because whenever i run into issues with it im in a creative mood and not a thinking mood.

This thread seems to be spot on for my issue. I have a TR-8, Octatrack and a system-1 connceted to a LR-16 from Cymatic (16 in 2 out) usb interface. Samplerate is 44.1kHz and buffer is 256.
The interface's mixer let me crossfade between monitor in and line 1/2 PC (which is the sound from Bitwig etc out).
If i set the crossfader in the middle a metronome or similar from hardware will be very off beat when adding metronome from bitwig.
I set the midi clock sync by using Preferences/Controllers and then add Midi Clock Transmitter and select the TR-8 and System-1. The Octatrack uses the midi out from TR-8.
I use audio channels and activate the inputs from my audio interface.
This way i don't use the Hardware Instrument plugin. Main reason is that it wouldn't send midi start/stop messages to my TR-8. Using both hardware instrument and the Midi Clock Transmitter made the TR-8 run twice(?) as fast.
When i record audio i see it's not where it's supposed to be. A kickdrum for instance has a gap and is played late. Drums are easy to drag back in time but synths and effects are not.

What should i adjust?`I see i have three tools: Midi recording offset, Hardware instrument Latency and voxengo's plugin latency.

I have routed the output of the interface to a mixer and then i take a signal out from that mixer into the octatrack for recording. But this way i loose the beginning of the recording due to midi latency (it goes from TR-8 to Octatrack) and buffer latency. Even with direct monitoring i loose the start. The octatrack should probably first in chain (though that way there's usually a little gap in the recording). Best would maybe to get a Midi Through/split device so all my gear gets the midi at the same time.
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:... Midi recording offset ...

What/where's that?
Logic X, El Cap 10.11.3, Mini i7, Live, Reaper, Bitwig (demo)

Clicks at +100 samples: 44.1k / 48k (wav)

I guess the audio recording offset in the preverences is ment.

Audio recording offset then.

Crackbaby wrote:PDC is one of those things my head really doesn't like. Probably because whenever i run into issues with it im in a creative mood and not a thinking mood.

This thread seems to be spot on for my issue. I have a TR-8, Octatrack and a system-1 connceted to a LR-16 from Cymatic (16 in 2 out) usb interface. Samplerate is 44.1kHz and buffer is 256.
The interface's mixer let me crossfade between monitor in and line 1/2 PC (which is the sound from Bitwig etc out).
If i set the crossfader in the middle a metronome or similar from hardware will be very off beat when adding metronome from bitwig.
I set the midi clock sync by using Preferences/Controllers and then add Midi Clock Transmitter and select the TR-8 and System-1. The Octatrack uses the midi out from TR-8.
I use audio channels and activate the inputs from my audio interface.
This way i don't use the Hardware Instrument plugin. Main reason is that it wouldn't send midi start/stop messages to my TR-8. Using both hardware instrument and the Midi Clock Transmitter made the TR-8 run twice(?) as fast.
When i record audio i see it's not where it's supposed to be. A kickdrum for instance has a gap and is played late. Drums are easy to drag back in time but synths and effects are not.

What should i adjust?`I see i have three tools: Midi recording offset, Hardware instrument Latency and voxengo's plugin latency.

I have routed the output of the interface to a mixer and then i take a signal out from that mixer into the octatrack for recording. But this way i loose the beginning of the recording due to midi latency (it goes from TR-8 to Octatrack) and buffer latency. Even with direct monitoring i loose the start. The octatrack should probably first in chain (though that way there's usually a little gap in the recording). Best would maybe to get a Midi Through/split device so all my gear gets the midi at the same time.

I'm going to post a procedure on setting up external synths soon.

It's just difficult to do with the demo as I can't save any files, so I have to rebuild the test project every time I want to figure something out in Wiggles.

Bigwig certainly interests me. Just doesn't work for my hardware yet without too many compromises.

TeePee wrote:It's just difficult to do with the demo as I can't save any files, so I have to rebuild the test project every time I want to figure something out in Wiggles.
But you could save clips (which contain the device chain) or chain device presets.
Don't know whether that also saves external routings, too - never tried that. But used that when demoing BwS.

Thanks for the tip.

Suloo wrote:I guess the audio recording offset in the preverences is ment.
Ah yes! Sorry!
:hug:

Return to “Bitwig”