Urs rocks Messe vid.

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote:-I know you're not A player.
Zap! There goes self esteem .
Bad move from sonic state guy
I told him that before. I won't play ;)

Urs wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:What's that accent? I totally can't place it. Doesn't sound German...
Hehehe, I sometimes fall into these fake English or American accents. It covers up for the slight Australian that I get from my wife's side.
I personally found it amusing the guy born in Britain did the German presentation of Hive and the German born guy did the English one. Just all part of the u-he charm IMO. :)

bmrzycki wrote: I personally found it amusing the guy born in Britain did the German presentation of Hive and the German born guy did the English one. Just all part of the u-he charm IMO. :)
hehe - Yes, it's fun :lol:

Urs wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:How was Messe for you guys? was it a success? :)
Some came over to say "we want to work with you". Unfortunately - as I pointed out - we can not talk about this yet.
i kew it..that damn fruit again :clown: :hihi:

I always get a kick out of hearing Urs speak. I've been away awhile on vacation, so I haven't tried everything in Hive, or had much time to look over the latest instruction manual. Nice to see some features I wasn't aware of in the video.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Urs wrote:But we did a lot of networking with the big guys. Some came over to say "we want to work with you". Unfortunately - as I pointed out - we can not talk about this yet.
Why is there not countless pages of speculation about this yet?

mutantdog wrote:
Urs wrote:But we did a lot of networking with the big guys. Some came over to say "we want to work with you". Unfortunately - as I pointed out - we can not talk about this yet.
Because I already said we wouldn't get bought :hihi:

Urs wrote:
mutantdog wrote:
Because I already said we wouldn't get bought :hihi:
Huge big up to you for that. Much appreciated. I am glad they did say work with you vs you work FOR us :)...
My guess based on a tweet from you yesterday is that My 2nd favourite japanese big guy is one of them...

Rsp
sound sculptist

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zvenx wrote:My guess based on a tweet from you yesterday is that My 2nd favourite japanese big guy is one of them...
Could be completely unrelated.

Berlin currently holds the "Gaming Week", and KORG created the one or another Nintendo DSi game (MS-10). This could be one reason. Furthermore, Sakamaki lists on his Twitter account that he is occasionally DJing - Berlin has a huge "club scene". And last but not least, it could just be a normal "Germany Business Trip" as part of the Musikmesse aftershock, and Sakamaki being a fan of U-HE just saying "hi".

You'll never know what is cooking in the house "U-HE" until Urs or Sascha post something official. But U-HE huge players on the market by now - so it's (IMO somewhat) normal to meet the one or another synth developer either at fairs or at the office.

I see it like the famous meet up with Michael Jackson and Freddy Mercury, or the Rolling Stones with Jimmy Hendrix... just people that are in the same field, meeting up, having a casual chat and maybe a cup of coffee. And that's it.

Should there be more development, even better for all participants.

:tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
zvenx wrote:My guess based on a tweet from you yesterday is that My 2nd favourite japanese big guy is one of them...
Could be completely unrelated.

Of course, why its just a guess/speculation :-)

I am actually curious what advantages beyond financial such collaborations will have for u-he? More R&D budget, for more products and quicker implementation times?
sound sculptist

lot's of synergy effects ;)

Chapelle wrote:Yeah. Maybe a Korg ARP Odyssey VST plugin developed by u-he?
Nahh. Something like that could be something they implement into Diva. Besides, there already is a new Odyssey2 VST, not to mention the real thing brought back. I'd prefer to see u-he making new things instead of their version of something that's already been emulated many many times already. Even if it sounds great, it would still be another this-or-that which was done many times before.

Which kind of is the appeal of Diva and their synths actually. By emulating many vintage components from different synths as opposed to just one, it 'sounds' vintage but still unique amongst them.

Chapelle wrote:Yeah. Maybe a Korg ARP Odyssey VST plugin developed by u-he?
Yeah. or maybe NOT. :x

Return to “u-he”