Probably a stupid question re using Patchworks with a mid controller

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I create a Patchworks preset with midi cc's mapped to specific values for use with an external midi controller, how does that work when I open the same preset on more than one DAW track?

Basically I want to create my own 'generic' channel strip with my favourite plugins that I can put on multiple channels and then have a midi controller adjust the Patchworks preset for whichever track is selected / has focus in the DAW. I assume this is possible but wasn't sure how it's done from reading the manual?

Don't own Patchworks yet, and the demo will only let me use one instance so I can't play around with this myself.

I currently use Ableton Live but am looking at (re)introducing Studio One, Sonar or possible even ProTools for live recording projects (a big reason why Patchworks. And was thinking a MidiFighter Twister could make a very cool controller for Patchworks!

TIA!

BUMP

Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding what Patchworks is for.

Can someone please confirm if it can do this or not?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our software, and sorry for the late reply.

You can indeed use the plug-in to map specific parameters to your favorite MIDI CC numbers. In a DAW, the plug-in will receive MIDI from the DAW (usually routed from a MIDI track). So if you have several instances in the DAW, you can use different MIDI inputs and/or channels to control each instance separately.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, so it's not going to do what I was hoping—have a single midi controller be able to control multiple instances of the same patch, automatically recognising that it was a different instance.

Not sure if that can be achieved anyway as a generic DAW thing. As an Ableton Live user I was thinking along the lines of the 'Blue Hand' that gives whichever plugin is clicked on the focus for the controller - or the way Softube's Console 1 hardware works with their plugin, but both a proprietary solutions.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”