Realivox Ladies Version 2 Released! Plus a Lite Version Now Available!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At long last, we’re releasing the Version 2 Upgrade of Realivox Ladies. As you can see, they’ve gotten a facelift. And they’ve also put on some weight! Now with 58 articulations, plus 6 ending consonants. That’s some serious heft! (Oh, these metaphors are fun. Although I’m dead if the singers are reading this post.)

The Ladies are solo singers, but we’ve also added the ability to layer up to 10 voices, all in one instrument (on the new “Mixer page.”) So doubles and triples, or even creating ensembles (mix and match if you like) are just a few clicks. And of course, there’s our polyphonic legato and a bunch of other features we think you’ll appreciate.

Just need the basics for background vocals? Then for those of you who have been asking for a Lite version, we’ve finally done it. All the features, but just the essential articulations: oo, ah, oh and uh. (We include “uh” because when singers think they’re singing “ah,” they’re usually really singing “uh.”)

Our intro price for the full version of the Ladies is $299 (regularly $399.) The Ladies Lite are just $139 (regularly $199.) Kontakt Player versions are also available for slightly more.

“But Mike! I already bought the Ladies last year! How much is this upgrade going to cost me???” Well, we did have to bring all the singers back to record the new content. (Now 25,000 samples, up from 16,000 before.) And the coding is completely redone for this version. And the new graphics weren’t cheap. So I figure a fair amount would be . . . free. Seriously, our Ladies customers have been the absolute best, so I wouldn’t even consider charging you guys.

So, are you ready to join the club? Are you ready to charge your clients more, because you have vocals on your cues? Are you ready to add some background oo’s and ah’s to your songs, quick and easy? Are you ready to write a cue with something besides the same traditional instrument leads you’ve been using for the last decade? Then get yourself on down to Realitone and add some vocals to your tracks.

And check out this 17 minute walkthrough video, where we go through all the voices and features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WcWFpUbVxo

:clap:

You the man, sir!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Holy crap. I'm not a fan of Kontakt, for a bunch of reasons... but this is impressive.
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

If they had Oscars for walkthrough videos, Mike, you would sweep. Not just because they are entertaining -- they inform in the best possible way, i.e. showing by doing things, and very cool things at that (like what starts at 2:02) , while weaving in details re features, the GUI etc only as needed.

I can't count how many developers screw up their own videos by making no effort to engage at the outset; instead starting off plodding through long spoken descriptions and explanations of each menu and sub-menu item, piling on details over the minutes about features you might not understand, and at all events can't *hear*, expecting somehow you'll think, "CooI! Since it's the Internet Era, my attention span is now longer than ever! I'll concentrate real hard now, so that just in case I ever understand what this thing does, and why I should like it, hopefully I'll remember this narrated appendix".

Ok, sorry to hijack. Thanks for the innovation. I can't wait to try out the upgrade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

(a) Fantastic overall :)
(b) The LOAD button :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Great implementation!
One question: I maybe missed this in the tutorial, but in the polyphonic setting, is it possible to choose e.g. 3 different singers and play three-part harmonies each singing their own parts (and only their parts), when you press a chord, Lady 1 sings always the lowest note, Lady 2 the mid note and Lady 3 the highest. And maybe at the same time let the Lady 4 sing the ad lib solo. Is this possible even programm-wise?

How much does the lite version vost?
And...is it possible to ru it on Kontakt player V 4 ?

Thank you guys for the very kind comments. 8)

Harry, the polyphonic method you describe is not possible, at least not in the current implementation. If you load three singers, then they will all sing each of the parts. I’d like to do a version of Poly Legato where the voices split as you described, but the challenge would be in keeping the voices at the correct positions (not swapping high/mid/low.) Wait . . . now that I think about it, I might be able to make this work. Don’t quote me on that, and definitely don’t buy any product (including mine) based on promises of future updates, but I’m going to try to see if I can do this.

With that said, you could still do this by putting each singer on their own track. For intricate harmonies, I prefer to do it this way anyway, because you often want individual volume control or timing tweaks on each voice. I also sometimes like to vary the articulation by voice. If the lead is singing ah, I might have a lower part sing uh, for instance, to make it sound a little less homogenous.

SFD, the Lite version is on sale for $139 (list $199.) Either version of the Ladies needs at least Kontakt 5.2. There is a Kontakt Player option, though. (For $20 more.)

I don't have the money and probably won't for a long time, and I know words don't pay bills but :

Man that is an absolutely phenomenal voice instrument. And your video are top notch to boot. Its good to see a developer with a clear sense of vision.

Kudos !!

Mike Greene wrote:With that said, you could still do this by putting each singer on their own track. For intricate harmonies, I prefer to do it this way anyway, because you often want individual volume control or timing tweaks on each voice. I also sometimes like to vary the articulation by voice. If the lead is singing ah, I might have a lower part sing uh, for instance, to make it sound a little less homogenous.
Thank you for the reply - yes, that's what I though, every harmony part shall be create in its own "take" when using different singers.
In the live playing situation,the way I refer, might be useful, and maybe also when creating the arrangement. If you could code the system in the way that e.g. in the triad lowest note is always addressed to spesific singer ("alto"), "mezzo", etc., this could be step forward in your already great product.

P.s. When visiting in your site, something strange happened. My laptop security program (F-Secure Internet Security) prevented my Win 8.1/Firefox (latest) the opening of the site and warned about the "potential harmful site". Of course I pressed the option "I trust it anyway, open", but I wanted you to know that maybe some applications in you site make some security programs be alerted, and just in vain prevent you to get new clients. This might be worth to investigate.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Greene wrote:“But Mike! I already bought the Ladies last year! How much is this upgrade going to cost me???” Well, we did have to bring all the singers back to record the new content. (Now 25,000 samples, up from 16,000 before.) And the coding is completely redone for this version. And the new graphics weren’t cheap. So I figure a fair amount would be . . . free. Seriously, our Ladies customers have been the absolute best, so I wouldn’t even consider charging you guys.
Mike, that is so generous, it's almost unbelievable in this day and age. Great work and great sound and you have a great spirit (and I don't even have v1).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks, Mike, for the free upgrade for previous customers. That´s really generous, there are sooooo many improvements. And the video is great too. Lots of information and fun combined. "... and two years later - we jump!" is my favourite. :D

Thanks a lot, and good luck with everything!

Thank you, Mike, for the amazingly generous upgrade fee of $0.00! I can only assume that the Banjo sold outrageously well so that you don't need any more moolah.

The Ladies 2 is an intimate adventure, also in the sense that you need to treat them with respect and spending time getting to know them. You can't just sit down and play a great backing track without reading the (excellent) manual and practising. At least I couldn't, but I think I'm getting there. ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

UPDATE: We’ve updated the Realivox Ladies to 2.1. A lot of people want the old graphics back, so that’s now an option (on the Settings page). So you have a choice between:

We also made it so when you click on the virtual keyboard (on the main page), it selects that keyswitch. Admittedly, it should have always worked that way, but until a couple mentioned it, I hadn’t thought of it.

For bug fixes. the ending consonants now work consistently, and we fixed a bug with the variable legato speed, as well as the pan knob scaling.

Oh, and we added a Breaths instrument. Now the Ladies can finally breathe!

Our introductory pricing is still in effect. Save as much as $100 on the full Realivox Ladies set.
The Ladies Lite is only $139.

Yay! Ms Redhead is back! :hug:

Unfortunately (?) she isn't moving with the beat, like ol' Ban-Joe and his dog. Maybe the next update?

Thanks, Mike! :tu:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”