Any good additive synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've done a KVR database search, but it seems that there is nothing out there except hybrid synths (additive synth with subtractive functions, or FM added), which is cool but it's not what I'm looking for. Is there any "dedicated" additive synths, free or commercial, without subtractive/FM functions (that are not organs). Is such thing exist? Except organs of course. lol

SampleScience wrote:I've done a KVR database search, but it seems that there is nothing out there except hybrid synths (additive synth with subtractive functions, or FM added), which is cool but it's not what I'm looking for. Is there any "dedicated" additive synths, free or commercial, without subtractive/FM functions (that are not organs). Is such thing exist? Except organs of course. lol
did you look at disco dsp ' vertigo ' ?...

I think Image Line's Morphine is the closest you're going to come.

NI Razor is my favorite, exotically because it's so easy to manipulate in various ways (akin to regular subtractive synths).
Air Loom is another additive one, but haven't tried it myself.

experimental.crow wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I've done a KVR database search, but it seems that there is nothing out there except hybrid synths (additive synth with subtractive functions, or FM added), which is cool but it's not what I'm looking for. Is there any "dedicated" additive synths, free or commercial, without subtractive/FM functions (that are not organs). Is such thing exist? Except organs of course. lol
did you look at disco dsp ' vertigo ' ?...
No, I will check it out right now. Thanks!

AIR's Loom is fantastic.

Naenyn wrote:AIR's Loom is fantastic.
Is it easy to use? I've check some of the video demos, and I think I understand most of it, but I haven't found the number of partials available in the synth. On their site it says:
30 editable sound modules; freely combinable in 10 cells
Does it mean you have 30 x 10 = 300 partials? :?

SampleScience wrote:
Naenyn wrote:AIR's Loom is fantastic.
Is it easy to use? I've check some of the video demos, and I think I understand most of it, but I haven't found the number of partials available in the synth. On their site it says:
30 editable sound modules; freely combinable in 10 cells
Does it mean you have 30 x 10 = 300 partials? :?
You can have up to 512 harmonic partials per patch.

camel audio alchemy ...
But the company doesn't exist anymore
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

NI Razor. Check out Patchpool's Razor patches if you want to hear some great demos that are beyond EDM.

Gonna second what another poster said above. My favorite for additive would be DiscoDSP Vertigo: http://www.discodsp.com/vertigo/
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Vertigo desperately needs an update though, it seems very neglected. Would benefit from a resizable interface and usable patch management for starters.

aMUSEd wrote:Vertigo desperately needs an update though, it seems very neglected. Would benefit from a resizable interface and usable patch management for starters.
You're right, there. I wish George would update it sometime, maybe add some new features as well. Seems he is focusing most of his efforts on Discovery Pro and Corona.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I like Loom and Harmor. Loom is easy to use and has a great morphing ability. Harmor is great with less cpu than Loom (at default) but needs more time learning it. Harmor also has a great resynthesis ability.

Razor is fantastic but it is cpu hog compared to others. I think Loom can cover Razor's sounds.

I also have Morphine but I don't like how it sounds although it is good for learning Additive Synthesis.

Return to “Instruments”