Paypal alternatives?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elassi wrote:
JCJR wrote:I didn't even know that we were debating! :)
That's a known problem of ideologists. :D
Thanks for the psychoanalysis! Do I need to pay via paypal?

JCJR wrote:
elassi wrote:Thanks for the psychoanalysis!
It's not that deep if it's clear to anyone. :D

elassi wrote:
JCJR wrote:
elassi wrote:Thanks for the psychoanalysis!
It's not that deep if it's clear to anyone. :D
Does that imply that you claim no particular expertise? I claim no expertise in any field.

JCJR wrote:I claim no expertise in any field.
Especially when it comes to "VAT on income tax"... :D

I've used sellify and u-he's method :) to pay . I use selz.com to sell.

elassi wrote:
JCJR wrote:I claim no expertise in any field.
Especially when it comes to "VAT on income tax"... :D
Whoa, was the source of all yer snarkyness a simple case of impaired reading comprehension? Or are you intentionally twisting?

The statement was, "But it would only show those advantages if it is the ONLY tax in the system. Adding vat on top of income taxes, property taxes, utility taxes, sales taxes, right-to-breathe-air taxes, etc, makes a vat just another heavy burden to bear."

I'd assume that most readers would read "on top of" meaning "in addition to", but dunno.

So go ahead and make yer final snark, as I'm done with it. :)

Yep, you're right.

"On top" does indeed mean something else.

MeldaProduction wrote:I don't think that's true. Of course every country (except for the "tax paradises" as we call them here) has taxes, but VAT being "added tax" is unique to EU and Canada as far as I know.
Nah, South Africa has both too, Business Tax ~18% -> VAT 14%, and if you draw a salary from your business -> Personal Income Tax 0%-42%. The paperwork isn't that bad though, our Tax Authority is the only government department that works.

lot's of countrys do have that, switzerland, turkey, china...

In the USA for example in New York you pay VAT (sales tax, not called VAT afaik) but in other states of the USA you do not. Not quite sure about there system yet.

Yeah, people, let's solve all the problems of the world! :D

Robert Randolph: I meant when you are say US company and sell to EU, you still pay VAT.

ellasi: Yeah, well, kinda, but for some reason I don't have much :D, that's why I started checking how exactly the taxes are (before I left it kind of "yeah, my accountant knows what she's doing" :D).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:
Robert Randolph: I meant when you are say US company and sell to EU, you still pay VAT.
the guy who ordered from that US Company would need to pay import sales tax if it's B2C

Credit Card

If you ever had problems with PayPal - someone trying to hack into my account for example - then you know what APITA it is to get your account unfrozen. I sent them all the necessary info they required and nothing. I found it impossible to get anyone on the phone to sort my problem out, so eventually I gave up.
But I'm still getting mails from unsavoury sources purporting to be from PayPal telling me my account needs to be re-registered and asking me for my account details in order to facilitate that... even though I closed my account ages ago.

Credit Card:)

Suloo wrote:
MeldaProduction wrote:
the guy who ordered from that US Company would need to pay import sales tax if it's B2C
Hmmm, I'm quite confused in all that :D. Anyway I was communicating with US company FastSpring and they say they need to pay VAT if they sell to EU and Canada.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

kelvyn wrote:Credit Card

If you ever had problems with PayPal - someone trying to hack into my account for example - then you know what APITA it is to get your account unfrozen. I sent them all the necessary info they required and nothing. I found it impossible to get anyone on the phone to sort my problem out, so eventually I gave up.
But I'm still getting mails from unsavoury sources purporting to be from PayPal telling me my account needs to be re-registered and asking me for my account details in order to facilitate that... even though I closed my account ages ago.

Credit Card:)
I ran quite a big poll and it seems most people use Paypal. Most also have credit card, but that's a little more complicated to do (I too prefer Paypal). And some people actually don't have credit cards, just paypal. So ideally one should support all... oh, so complicated...
Vojtech

but FastSpring would get the money from the end consumer, they (FastSpring) have to "pay" it or better say transmit it, because it's not their cost. Also for physical goods that would be done by customs authorities. For digital goods you need to take care of it yourself.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”