Turn Grid off for global stop buttons

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there, I want to turn Grid/Quantize off for global stop buttons,
currently when if I press stop on global or on a channel it takes like 1 bar to really stop.
How can I turn this off? (I really looked a lot, please forgive me asking such silly things :P )

I have never understand the sense of the stop-buttons (i use allways mute - i only miss a "consolidate mutes to empty regions" order).
If u dont want to record (into exicting arrange), loop an empty arrange and use the "back2arrange" buttons instead the stop-buttons, they are working instantan. Or simply mute,-)

Options/Default Launch Quantization - Off

dom@bitwig wrote:Options/Default Launch Quantization - Off
well, but by doing this, he will also lost the quantization for triggering, thats the dilemma.
BTW: Is there a clip-"legato" in planing? This "relativ -songposition-starting" like in ableton is really useful (in this case u can use 16tel-qunatization and really off-rhythmy hack it - its evry time in sync.
In this case the stop-buttons would also make sense IF!!!! the intern count of the "(not)playing" clips dont lost their position-count and restarts at this point they would be (if not stopped).

dom@bitwig wrote:Options/Default Launch Quantization - Off
this turns off quantize for playing but quantize for stopping is not off, especially for the global stop button.
Or do I miss a specific option, I used the option for audio tracks.

- Epi

No, the big global stop button in the transport section never gets quantized, it stops immediately.

The clip stop buttons in the clip launcher tracks and the stop all clips buttons are quantized according to the Options/Default Launch Quantization.

Oh sry, maybe I expressed myself really badly.
I was talking about the stop button in the bottom left of the clip launcher, below the scene play buttons

Exactly, me too!

Well the play buttons work almost flawlessly,
but the stop buttons dont stop immediately, they flash like really short and then stop, but its not like if I'd stop with a cd-player or anything.

I uploaded a picture with the settings I made. The settings on the left I put to 'off' for all tracks I use in that project. We currently use Bitwig for theatre, just for clarification why I need stop over mute, there are some reasons why this is beneficial for me. But currently its not stopping immediately which is kind of a problem.

Thx in advance

harmoney wrote:I have never understand the sense of the stop-buttons (i use allways mute ...)
If you're using MIDI clips the mutes kill the sound dead, where as stopping the clip allows the sounds release / tail to continue. In most cases this is preferable (but not always).

Does anybody have any further information?
At least I don't get the stop buttons in the cliplauncher to stop immediately.

As i already pointed out in my first post: Options/Default Launch Quantization - Off
This is the global setting for all clip launcher buttons.

In your screenshot you only deactivate quantization in the inspector for one single clip you have selected (Minidisco) - which won't help with all the other buttons.

Omg I found it.
Sry bout that, tried to find it in the manual, but had no success (maybe I missed it).
Thx Dom!

Cheers

Return to “Bitwig”