Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did a tutorial video for the script:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-07hKTv4Dg

Enjoy!

Plugged it into a windows box and updated it.. It now connects properly

However, on Linux this doesn't seem quite stable. (pretty sure I'm using your stable version) This is KXStudio 14.04 (same as Ubuntu but pre configured for audio), with Btiwig 1.1.7

Seems to get stuck on the "Control Play" selection screen, even if I haven't pressed the transport button.. This appears to only occur, after I've used the switched mode.

Unfortunately this is causing some general instability in Bitwig..

Let me know if there is any other information

sonofzev wrote:Seems to get stuck on the "Control Play" selection screen, even if I haven't pressed the transport button.. This appears to only occur, after I've used the switched mode.

Unfortunately this is causing some general instability in Bitwig..

Let me know if there is any other information
Do you get any errors in the script window (View -> Show Control Script Console)?

Hi,

I'm sorry I never looked. I will probably have a session on Thursday and see what it says.
Cheers

Allan

Just watched the video, really nice work! Btw something i miss is the macroknobbs, is there any plans to make some knobs be routed to them?
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

ronnyrydgren wrote:Just watched the video, really nice work! Btw something i miss is the macroknobbs, is there any plans to make some knobs be routed to them?
From the Wiki ( https://github.com/git-moss/SLMkII4Bitwig/wiki ):

"Press row select button multiple times to select editing of device parameters, common and envelope parameter, user parameters and macros."

moss wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:Just watched the video, really nice work! Btw something i miss is the macroknobbs, is there any plans to make some knobs be routed to them?
From the Wiki ( https://github.com/git-moss/SLMkII4Bitwig/wiki ):

"Press row select button multiple times to select editing of device parameters, common and envelope parameter, user parameters and macros."
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

sonofzev wrote:Hi,

I'm sorry I never looked. I will probably have a session on Thursday and see what it says.
Cheers

Allan
No errors....

I Have a feeling it is a user error... I'll spend a bit more time playing with it.. Finally got programming the step sequencer using this.. SO I think I'm getting somewhere.

Hey everyone,

I recently added full support for the original ReMOTE SL Mk1 series to moss's awesome script. The additions include support for using the Row Select 5 button (next to the drum pads) for selecting Control/Play mode, auto-detection, and support for the native Tap Tempo button and Tempo Data Entry Knob.

The changes were recently merged in to the main repo on GitHub, so all you need to do is grab the latest in order to take advantage of the additional features.

Enjoy!

Adam

Hi,

Finally I can try this to a better extant, I have been quite distant from music production :(

First, this thing is even better than I thought as I didnt know we could actually activate LFO modulations, using the fixed paramenters and paging up till modulation :tu:

But I found a bug, the modulation doesnt really stick, I mean I try to set it but it return back to its original value ...

Also when using the Reverb I cant change the shape parameter.

Still great work, thanks!

pc999 wrote:Hi,

Finally I can try this to a better extant, I have been quite distant from music production :(

First, this thing is even better than I thought as I didnt know we could actually activate LFO modulations, using the fixed paramenters and paging up till modulation :tu:

But I found a bug, the modulation doesnt really stick, I mean I try to set it but it return back to its original value ...

Could be a Bitwig or bug or not. Need to test. Which LFO and which exact modulation are you talking about?

moss wrote:
pc999 wrote:Hi,

Could be a Bitwig or bug or not. Need to test. Which LFO and which exact modulation are you talking about?

Sorry cant test now, but I think it is with all LFOs and modulations.

Hi moss!
thank you very much for the great script. Just installed it a few days ago and got it working mostly.
The only thing which just does not work is switching the row on my Zero SLMK2.
I press the preview-button and then the first two buttons above to switch the row, but nothing happens.

Could this be my ZeroSl or am I doing something wrong here? I also looked to the novation page to verify that I'm pressing the right buttons.

Has anyone else a Zero SLMK2 and the same problem or is it working?
Any advice is much appreciated. Would love tu use this script to the fullest as it's great. But I need to be able to switch to the other knob-modes.

Btw. switching page and bandk works as expected, just not the row-switch.

Thank you all!

fisto wrote:Hi moss!
thank you very much for the great script. Just installed it a few days ago and got it working mostly.
The only thing which just does not work is switching the row on my Zero SLMK2.
I press the preview-button and then the first two buttons above to switch the row, but nothing happens.

Could this be my ZeroSl or am I doing something wrong here? I also looked to the novation page to verify that I'm pressing the right buttons.

Has anyone else a Zero SLMK2 and the same problem or is it working?
Any advice is much appreciated. Would love tu use this script to the fullest as it's great. But I need to be able to switch to the other knob-modes.

Btw. switching page and bandk works as expected, just not the row-switch.

Thank you all!
From the Wiki:

- The P1 up/down buttons are the Page left/right buttons on the ZeRO
- The P2 up/down buttons are the Page left/right buttons with keeping the Preview button pressed at the same time on the ZeRO
- To switch the display to a specific row keep the Preview button pressed and press a button on the row.
- The Crossfader is the same as the X-axis of the Touchpad and therefore can be configured with the Touchpad settings.

If this does not work check out the posts in this thread. There were other users using it successfully. I cannot test since I do not own the Zero.

Hei moss,
Thank you for this great script. Must have been a lot of work !

It is cheeky of me to ask, I know ;-) but...

Have you thought about whether there might be a way to get the SL MkII to launch clips — not only scenes ?

It isn't obvious which buttons to use, I guess, and maybe it's not practical.

I suppose you did think about it and decided the controller just isn't made to do that...oder?

Return to “Controller Scripting”