VST plugin windows disappears multiscreen

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi,

I use 2 screens for Bitwig. When i open an VST plugin and i move the VST plugin window to the 2nd screen and close it i cannot reopen it anymore. The vst window doesn't show up on any screen. I need to duplicate the VST plugin, delete the previous one and than i can reopen the VST window.

Does anyone else has this problem and/or found a way to fix this?

grtz

Confirmed on final version 1.08.

There does not seem to be a problem re-opening the VST from the main screen. I make sure to move the VST back if I move it to a second screen.

This has been reproted previously so I wait a fix. Hopefully it will be implemented in the next update.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

double post sorry

I have the same problem too.

win7 sp1 x64

Not sure if the same problem here, Windows 8.1 x64. For some reason VST windows do not come back after being closed / hidden. I have 3 screens in Bitwig triple screen display profile.

This is the only thing keeping me from buying Bitwig.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

my brother also has this issue. I dont though. Its a weird bug. We are both on dual screens and both windows 7 64bit.

have u seen the changelog of 1.0.14RC1
http://packs.bitwig.com/downloads/Relea ... 4-RC1.html ?
:)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

:)

Once I got all the VST windows to load on one screen they stopped dissapearing.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Only thing Bitwig doesn't do that I need sometimes (multi-out) will be fixed 1.1
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I'm using Bitwig (Windows 8.1 - 64 bit) in single mode on screen 1.

I drag my VSTi's to screen 2 but they do not stay where I put them after closing them.
Instead they show up all the way to the right side on screen 2 when re-opening a VSTi.

Is there something I can do to make them stay where I put them?

cranium wrote:I'm using Bitwig (Windows 8.1 - 64 bit) in single mode on screen 1.

I drag my VSTi's to screen 2 but they do not stay where I put them after closing them.
Instead they show up all the way to the right side on screen 2 when re-opening a VSTi.

Same thing here on the 2 screen configuration (studio dual display profile).
For some reason VST window in bitwig does not remember position.
Very, very annoying... :x
Win7 64bit, i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, NI Audio 6, Presonus Eris E8, Yamaha HS50M, Presonus BlueTube, Shure SM7B, Studio One, Maschine MKII, Launchpad, Alesis VI61, NI F1, Traktor S4

cranium wrote:I'm using Bitwig (Windows 8.1 - 64 bit) in single mode on screen 1.

yes, you can file a bug report to support(at)bitwig.com

I can really live with it tho, not annoying at all. Before it was, when you couldn't open the window anymore, wich this ancient thread is about..

Return to “Bitwig”