mux patches

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sharing some mux patches...

MUX set 01
Last edited by Taron on Sat May 09, 2015 10:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

[space holder]
Last edited by Taron on Sat May 09, 2015 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hey T',

I completely agree that the ability to limit the range of the Note to Mod Module would make it way more useful then it is now.
The value change between notes is for most tasks just way too small. Nobody plays across all octaves at once... :)

Best,

tL.
Professional.

Horray! :hug:
It is something I wouldn't be ashamed about distracting Jo with either! :band2:

I think, it would be kick-ass, if it was like the Multi Sample Edit module, except you'd enter value ranges instead of samples.

Thanks, tL!

Taron wrote:This has been my first experiment of that kind with the MultiForm, which I've just rediscovered. I think, the first time around, many years ago, I might have ignored it, not sure if it was even there, really?
It appeared with MuLab 6 at the tail end of 2014, so no, you've not ignored it -- just missed the launch by a few months :).

THAT explains SO MUCH! :hyper:

Back to the mega version of a potential Note to Modulation module, it could even have Event outs, allowing to route key ranges, making it possible to limit the playable key range, but also to increase performance features by playable manipulations to a sound, similar to key-switches. Could be amazing for a great number of most sophisticated sound designs. This thing in itself could represent yet another revolution alongside the MultiForm Oscillator. I'd call that a massive leap and another potential turning point to forge MUX into a true contender! :hyper:

Hmmm, might just need one Event out, because you could very well add more of those modules then. 8)

Hey,

I'm a new Mux user and love it so far.
I noticed that this page http://www.kvraudio.com/product/mux-mod ... /downloads doesn't have anything to download though. Mux is currently rather obscure and I think if more well made user modules and patches were readily available interest would increase.

I plan to release any patches I make (and am happy with...) there. Would be great to see more of you doing it!

Have not yet looked into your patches but it sounds like interesting stuff!

Sooo, thanks for pointing me to that patch page...never knew it existed!? I'm starting to post already... ;)

I think so, too, by the way, and I mean that user patches will boost MUX. It took me a while to find my groove with it, even when I had some fun in the beginning, something did bother me enough to sort of forget about it for a long time. Recently, though, I got everything updated and it's already a lot more exciting again. I have a very, very good feeling about where this is headed and I'm pretty sure it will catch on shortly!

Looking forward to your patches for sure! 8-)

As a proof of concept:
Attached a MUX that sends mod data "1" at C2 and up in "1" steps per key.
It works fine with my midi keyboard, tested up to C7 = "70".

Send this to your wavetable index.
Please send me the synth patch when ready, i'm super curious :)

Or did i miss something?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks for all of these you have been busy

Your welcome, runaudio! ;)

AndreasD, thanks for doing the math there! I'm still not going to make 70 slices, nor do I have a vocalist who manages to sing over 5 octaves...would be nice to have a set of vocalists, who could cover that range, though. I can make some interesting fillers, though. So, yeah... thanks for sure! :)

Have you tried my patches, yet?

I have a couple of patches to share, hopefully upload them tomorrow. :)
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

OMG, I just noticed that Sample Grains will not be embedded in the mux file!? :dog:
So, I went through the fascinating trouble of making a massive wavetable for a choir, which was an annoying amount of work, but now I realize that the MUX won't embed that, but only link to the sample. :mad:

Any trick I'm missing, or will I have to splice it all into single waves again and load them one by one! I'm assuming then they do get embedded, because nobody was complaining about "diana", yet. But then...nobody said anything about it, really. :neutral:

The choir I got going, though, is quite fascinating, I can mildly hint to that effect. 8-)

Hi bibz1st, by the way! Yeah, I'd love to hear what you've got, too! :hyper:

Taron wrote:OMG, I just noticed that Sample Grains will not be embedded in the mux file!?
It depends, you have the choice:

There are two ways to include samples in a MUX preset: Link them or embed them.

When embedding samples in a MUX preset file, the MUX preset file size will be much bigger as it includes the embedded sample(s). Embedding can be done sample per sample via the sample's context menu -> Embed.

If you want to use linked samples, then move them in a sub-folder below your preset before saving the preset. Then upon saving the preset MUX will use a file reference relative to the preset file.
So then it's easy to move MUX preset file + sub-folder at the same time. (eg via a zip)

I recommend linking them. I've also added an item on the wishlist about "Export Consolidated MUX Preset" cfr "Export Consolidated Project".
So, I went through the fascinating trouble
Which trouble?

About embedding / linking samples: I'm thinking about dropping the support for embedding samples and always rely on linking samples. So if you want to copy a project/preset to another system, just make sure the relevant samples are in a sub-folder below the project/preset file, as explained above. That's what "Export Consolidated Project" does. (and similar for the wished "Export Consolidated Preset")
I'm convinced this will simplify things, both from tech side as well from user side.
Any counterarguments?

Return to “MUTOOLS”