Enzyme- It's new to me.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought I'd give Humanoid Sound Systems a little kicker here for making this cool little beast. Love it or otherwise, it is pretty unique. Just got it last night and I'm just getting started now. I have a feeling I'm in for a bunch of surprises. This is gonna be fun.
:tu: :party:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:... I have a feeling I'm in for a bunch of surprises.
That would be an understatement! :hihi:

enjoy. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

8)
I definitely can't make heads or tails of it yet, but with a little LP filter, I'm getting some sounds that aren't too abrasive. The demos had some great sounds, so I know there in there. Maybe I should RTFM now?
It is pretty cool. Glad I bought it and definitely worth the price.

Think I'll hit the randomize button for a while... :ud:

rustman wrote:8)
Good thing it's the weekend! :) Yes, it is cool and capable of some amazing sounds, and well worth the entry price. Do mind your speakers/headphones volume ... as it can get over-the-top pretty quickly.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

You know, I love the sound of this thing. In fact, I gave it 5 out of 5 stars on sound. But then I downloaded the demo and was greeted by yet another great sounding synth with a horribly small GUI that I couldn't make heads or tails of.

It's almost infuriating that some of the best and most unusual sounding synths suffer from this problem.

wagtunes wrote:But then I downloaded the demo and was greeted by yet another great sounding synth with a horribly small GUI that I couldn't make heads or tails of.

It's almost infuriating that some of the best and most unusual sounding synths suffer from this problem.
My 19" widescreen monitor is running at 1366x768 and it barely fits on the screen are you using a really high resolution or something? They definitely could've used a better font but I don't imagine the GUI would be unusable at higher resolutions unless you use a small monitor.
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

rustman wrote:I definitely can't make heads or tails of it yet
Have you seen the intro video by Dan Worrall? He is a talented explainer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4JfD157nFo
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:
rustman wrote:I definitely can't make heads or tails of it yet
Have you seen the intro video by Dan Worrall? He is a talented explainer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4JfD157nFo
I did come across that one last night and was excited to see that DW did the vid. It gave the product instant credibility in my mind and gave me the big picture. I do understand all that he said. I think I'm just like some folks who would be hard pressed to replicate a sound or create a specific sound with it. That's completely fine with me. For me, it's a bit random when trying things out. Some knobs seem to have no affect on some things and others will whack things out with a slight movement. The mod matrix is unreal, but with no knob movement animations, it can be daunting trying to keep it straight in my head. i'd say this synth encourages wild experimentation. It's kind of nice being in less-charted territory.

Ha, Bass Mortar is one of my presets, forgot about that video :D Interesting synth indeed :tu: Off topic, really like Dan's tutorials.
Eternitysound VST Banks

drunken jesus wrote:
wagtunes wrote:But then I downloaded the demo and was greeted by yet another great sounding synth with a horribly small GUI that I couldn't make heads or tails of.

My 19" widescreen monitor is running at 1366x768 and it barely fits on the screen are you using a really high resolution or something? They definitely could've used a better font but I don't imagine the GUI would be unusable at higher resolutions unless you use a small monitor.
yeah...seems odd.

its plenty big enough on my 2560x1080 screen:

ImageImageImage

I love Enzyme, and Scanned Synth before that. I'm always a sucker for synths with patch randomization features, and I find that I spend a lot of time just trying new random sounds to see what it will come up with.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It's possible that the style of the font is what makes it appear too small. All I know is I have a hard time reading things and I didn't like working with it. A more traditional GUI, even if kept the same size, would have turned me into a buyer because this thing sounds amazing.

I still crack open ScannedSynthPro from time to time. I enjoy messing around with it but I don't believe I've ever used it in a finished tune. Same goes for Enzyme CM now I think about it.

I did consider buying the full Enzyme last time it was on sale but, in part, i was put off by the GUI. It's not the size that's the problem, rather just the uninspiring look of it. Shame no-ones made a better skin for it, SSP benefited greatly from Limeflavour's treatment.

The surprise I got from it was that it was impossible to make sound good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Shabdahbriah wrote:
rustman wrote:8)
Good thing it's the weekend! :) Yes, it is cool and capable of some amazing sounds, and well worth the entry price. Do mind your speakers/headphones volume ... as it can get over-the-top pretty quickly.
The first thing I did was put Pro-L after it to keep from startling myself with unexpected volume. I'm finding that many of the sounds I've been hearing from it seem to have a distorted type of quality to them. They aren't gain stage issues, just the result of the end product waveform. There is a place for everything, but I'm looking for some sounds that have less of that abrasive, digital distortion type of element to them. Again, they are in there but I am too new to it to get them straight off. Autechre might be happy straight away with this thing.
As for the fonts, I sometimes have to stare for a minute to decipher the number of voices field. Not a fan of the Nostromo-style fonts. A more current skin would be a great addition for this, but I still find it useable, but still baffling.
I was surprised that it was almost indescernable when I move the start and end points of the waveforms. I would have expected drastic changes when doing so, but in most cases, I cannot even hear a difference. Again, still satisfied and intriqued.

Return to “Instruments”