Instruments on Group Tracks in 1.2?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know if anyone but the devs knows the answer to this, but is it possible to have an instrument on a group track that plays the midi information of the midi tracks grouped together in it?
Everything's spinning.

I dont no. Might be a no, or a yes, but you can allready do layer instrument if you want to do it now. I think u are allready aware of it though :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

yeah it would just be an added convenience over having multiple note receivers on a track ^^
Everything's spinning.

Together in a "mono"timbral instrument, like a piano?
Dont believe so: imagen you have 4 clips and in all are notes with pitch #60, all at 1.2.4 in the grid starting, but all have different lenghts - what should happen to the 4 gate off, which is the "regular"???

To handle this u need a multitimbral Instrument, which splittet the clips to different "instruments" intern the main-instrument, like a GM-Player, but for what reason? Even the clips in a collapsed group will adress the regular vst/devices u have used.

More intersting is the question, if the group is also a "bus" for summing-fx? I hope yes, so u need e.g, only one side-chain-compressor for all basses in one group, or only one summing-delay for "layerd-synths"....

And also the qeustion: is it possible to cut a "group-clip" into segments and loop/copy/paste it like a normal clip AND to bounce the "group clip" into one file AND also if u want into seperate files with "one click".

harmoney wrote:Together in a "mono"timbral instrument, like a piano?
Dont believe so: imagen you have 4 clips and in all are notes with pitch #60, all at 1.2.4 in the grid starting, but all have different lenghts - what should happen to the 4 gate off, which is the "regular"???

To handle this u need a multitimbral Instrument, which splittet the clips to different "instruments" intern the main-instrument, like a GM-Player, but for what reason? Even the clips in a collapsed group will adress the regular vst/devices u have used.

More intersting is the question, if the group is also a "bus" for summing-fx? I hope yes, so u need e.g, only one side-chain-compressor for all basses in one group, or only one summing-delay for "layerd-synths"....

And also the qeustion: is it possible to cut a "group-clip" into segments and loop/copy/paste it like a normal clip AND to bounce the "group clip" into one file AND also if u want into seperate files with "one click".
the groups is a summing bus fx, that much i have catched up :) Second question, yes he shows that video at namm 2015 dom that its possible to make shorter longer copy past cut and all things with the metaclips on the group :) I am soo excited to try it! Soon i think!
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

@ronny:
thx - sounds great. Cant wait till october when they will release it;-)
maybe they implement till this date, the feature to hide the group tracks (not the content tracks, only the container-track) or to show them as "alias" at the end of the regular tracks (like the normal send-tracks) with a eye-icon to show/hide its content-tracks on their regular place and it would be perfect.

Return to “Bitwig”