Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

where is the excitment, we need more posts here ...

No, we don't.

Ameyah Audio wrote:where is the excitment, we need more posts here ...
Let it go, let it go ...
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
Ameyah Audio wrote:where is the excitment, we need more posts here ...
Let it go, let it go ...
no i dont ... :ud:

Just want to say i will miss Alchemy 2... even when i never used it :D
Since i played some days with Omnisphere 2 there is no way that it can replace Alchemy. I just hope i can use Alchemy 1.55 for some time. I'm sure with the next Logic update it could be gone :scared:
Still waiting for an announcement...
So could some smart developer make something similar very soon. There will be a big hole. I'm sure apple will destroy the thing :evil:

Cheers and a nice sunday :party:

hmm one day i will maybe have a look at omni2, lets see, right now its out of my range.

like i said on windows this can really until windows 10, i mean why it should work on windows 10? and vst2 will be supported for a long time.

for the OSX people it could really end fast, but hey it will be implemented in anything mac related, so you will have a choice to use it later.

:(

When Alchemy first came out, I was using Virsyn Cube 2. Now that Alchemy is no longer supported, I shall return to using Cube 2 for my "morph between up to four samples under envelope control" needs.
Keith
Glendale, AZ USA

Okay, I have to ask. What is it that Alchemy did that no other synth on this planet can do? I find it almost impossible to believe that this ONE SYNTH was one of a kind and nothing else can duplicate its sonic output.

Who here who has used Alchemy extensively can describe in detail the architecture so I can see what pieces are missing from all the other "complex" synths.

Nothing really all that noticeable here.

I think it is nothing more than the shock/trauma of Camel Audio going out of business that did everyone's head in.....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Any word so far what apple plans to do with the assets they aquired?

All we know the former Camel audio team is now working on several apple products...

Just wondering in what form we will see Alchemy and or Alchemy2 back under the hood of Logic?

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I have to ask. What is it that Alchemy did that no other synth on this planet can do? I find it almost impossible to believe that this ONE SYNTH was one of a kind and nothing else can duplicate its sonic output.

Who here who has used Alchemy extensively can describe in detail the architecture so I can see what pieces are missing from all the other "complex" synths.
Since all modern synths are partially copies of eachother, there is nothing that cant be done in another way...

However i loved the clean workflow and the easy way i could get the desired results in Alchemy. The morphing between sounds making it a great tool for live use is another thing i will miss. In the end, it is one of the most versatile synth engines, i allways set it on par with omnisphere.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I have to ask. What is it that Alchemy did that no other synth on this planet can do? I find it almost impossible to believe that this ONE SYNTH was one of a kind and nothing else can duplicate its sonic output.

There are many plugins that can do parts of what Alchemy can do, some of them better (for those specific parts e.g Padshop for granular, possibly Harmor for raw resynthesis quality). I think it's the total combination of features, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, plus the fantastic performance features, and the true spectral and additive morphing, which at the time was state of the art in software (only really bettered by the likes of Kyma), the excellent resynthesis and (probably what sold it for lots of people) an outstanding series of addon banks by Camel and third parties (particularly Simon Stockhausen's) that made it into a platform for innovative sound design drawing on its multiple synthesis engines, impressive modulation capabilities and performance features (which no other synth had apart from NI Kore 2, which for me it was a natural partner for).

aMUSEd wrote:

There are many plugins that can do parts of what Alchemy can do, some of them better (for those specific parts e.g Padshop for granular, possibly Harmor for raw resynthesis quality). I think it's the total combination of features, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, plus the fantastic performance features, and the true spectral and additive morphing, which at the time was state of the art in software (only really bettered by the likes of Kyma), the excellent resynthesis and (probably what sold it for lots of people) an outstanding series of addon banks by Camel and third parties (particularly Simon Stockhausen's) that made it into a platform for innovative sound design drawing on its multiple synthesis engines, impressive modulation capabilities and performance features (which no other synth had apart from NI Kore 2, which for me it was a natural partner for).
Correct me if I'm wrong. But it sounds to me like what you're saying is that at the time it was unique and blew everything else out of the water as far as versatility but today, maybe not so much?

Se let me ask this. Can any of these synths that I have, that I consider top of the line synths, do what Alchemy could do?

ABSynth 5
Harmor
Omnisphere
Reaktor 5
Serum
Synthmaster
Zebra 2

I only listed those few because I felt that they were the most "flexible" of the synths I own outside of something like MUX which probably falls way short in several areas in spite of its modular nature.

Or to put it better. If somebody took your Alchemy away from you, what would you replace it with?

Or to put it better. If somebody took your Alchemy away from you, what would you replace it with?
well i would go for Omnisphere, but because i dont own it, im pretty pissed there. Absynth i own, but the GUI is horrible fiddling to work with, maybe NI will rework the GUI and maybe reizse it, because Absynth is pretty dope.

the other ones are not flexible enough or require to much work to get the same sounds i had in Alchemy.

No none of them can replace it at the moment, parts of it yes, but not the whole of it (which is what I was saying). Also none of them have Alchemy's performance features which I love. Omnisphere probably comes closest but lacks the spectral and additive engines, although it at least has The Orb which partly touches on Alchemy's performance features (but still falls short).

Return to “Instruments”