(SOLVED)(NOT A BUG) Edit sample Clip showing in the wrong position.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Copy of my bug report sent into Bitwig support:-

Hi Guys...

Bitwig 1.1.7

My Specs :- running Ubuntu 14.04 ( using realtime jack backend )
uname -a (kernel )= 3.13.0-49-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 10 20:11:33 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

16gb ram
Processor: AMD A8-6600k APU with Radeon HD Graphics x 4
Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA

To reproduce I had a samples on another project, dragged them into my new song, did some cuts, stretching ( changed from stretch to stretch HD )and duplicating within the editor. I notice that when I am in edit view of the sample shows in an incorrect position ( earlier in the timeline) see my image here :- http://www.anony.ws/image/DrJU << full definition image>>
BWSeditbug(scaled).png
<< had to scale for file size limitation>>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mikoatkvr on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikoatkvr wrote:Copy of my bug report sent into Bitwig support:-

Hi Guys...

Bitwig 1.1.7

My Specs :- running Ubuntu 14.04 ( using realtime jack backend )
uname -a (kernel )= 3.13.0-49-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 10 20:11:33 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

16gb ram
Processor: AMD A8-6600k APU with Radeon HD Graphics x 4
Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA

To reproduce I had a samples on another project, dragged them into my new song, did some cuts, stretching ( changed from stretch to stretch HD )and duplicating within the editor. I notice that when I am in edit view of the sample shows in an incorrect position ( earlier in the timeline) see my image here :- http://www.anony.ws/image/DrJU << full definition image>>
BWSeditbug(scaled).png
<< had to scale for file size limitation>>
Actually i dont see the problem.
I think if you tried to edit by making the clip short from front end and back end and see in clip editing mode what happening to the triangle that define start and stuff.
When looking in editing mode it do not show over timeline okej. It shows information in the clip only and it is not bound to what you have in timeline. The triangle defines where it should start playing in clip editing mode. nothing wrong with picture at all :P not a bug :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

@Ronny Oh yeah i see what you mean now, i tested this in another project just to be sure. I think it was just a bad coincidence that my sample on that particular track fell near where where the marker time was, because of where it originally was cut from a longer stem in the other project..
*note to devs... sorry for wasting valuable time :) *note to myself ... check things more thoroughly before posting bug reports :)

Return to “Bitwig”