Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martingifford wrote:Are there any more good instructional videos yet? I like the one people recommended before - Basic Overview by Aiyn Zahev. That's excellent. But are there any other good ones or any more planned?
These are more like review videos, but they cover many of the functions:

U-He HIVE..Sylenth1 Killer! (Part 1)
U-He HIVE..Sylenth1 Killer! (Part 2)
U-he Hive Synthesizer Review

Anybody know when the final release is going to be ?

Nutrinoland wrote:Anybody know when the final release is going to be ?
Urs said May in the Messe video down below on the thread :).

And, likely, we'll get the 1000+ patches in there too ^^.

The WIP in the Hexagon is now gone.. The Ayn Zahev video was guessing it would be filled a scope similar to the one in Bazille.
Any inside information about what was supposed to be there.. ?

Thanks

c-wave wrote:The WIP in the Hexagon is now gone.. The Ayn Zahev video was guessing it would be filled a scope similar to the one in Bazille.

Thanks
It sounded like Urs wanted an orb in there like Omnisphere's but they took the whole thing out. I'm guessing what they want in there will take so long to do they will leave it out until it's ready.

c-wave wrote:The WIP in the Hexagon is now gone.. The Ayn Zahev video was guessing it would be filled a scope similar to the one in Bazille.

Thanks
We don't know! that's why Urs set up the Hexagon thread for all of us to come up with ideas! =)

Don't quote me on this, but it looks like Hive will be released as-is (plus a ton of presets) in May. From then, they will steadily add features if we beg long enough ^^.

Me? I have a whole list XD.

Hi guys,

I use Hive since yesterday so I am pretty new to that topic :-)

I miss something like a "Hold" function for the sequencer&arp -mode.
I could not find it. Am I blind or is it just not there?

Thanks

Olaf

Olaf double click a key on the virtual keyboard in Hive

GarryKnight,

Thanks. Just learnt some stuff from those today. I probably need an organised approach. Patiently wait for Lynda or someone to come out with a series.

martingifford wrote:GarryKnight,

Thanks. Just learnt some stuff from those today. I probably need an organised approach. Patiently wait for Lynda or someone to come out with a series.
AskVideo, get ready :tu:

Just experiment. Videos and tutorials are helpful, but you'll learn vastly more from your own dabbling and your own mistakes.

Use the many presets already available as references and reverse/forward engineer them. Write down all the little things as you practice and experiment :).

Nutrinoland wrote:Olaf double click a key on the virtual keyboard in Hive
Thanks, that was easy but not too obvious :-)

Thanks.
You're welcome. Of course, with Aiyn's video plus the ones I listed, plus the manual, you could always be the first to make a tutorial series... :wink: Or you could petition Sadowick. He seems to like doing synth tutorials.

c-wave wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:Btw is there someone who would want pan on sub osc? I think its ridiculous that when paning osc 1 that also the sub pans with it. i though sub was suppose to sit nice in center of the mix when doing bass sounds or something.

Also a fx bypass would be nice on sub osc! Why? Nice to have the low end free of distortion, reverb, or other fx of the bass patch=)

PLEASE URS !!
+1

+1 too!

The sub osc should be centered and panning should be involved when it is on Like OSC mode.
And FX bypass for the sub osc is a must in my opinion too.

NNevez wrote:
c-wave wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:Btw is there someone who would want pan on sub osc? I think its ridiculous that when paning osc 1 that also the sub pans with it. i though sub was suppose to sit nice in center of the mix when doing bass sounds or something.

Also a fx bypass would be nice on sub osc! Why? Nice to have the low end free of distortion, reverb, or other fx of the bass patch=)

PLEASE URS !!
+1

+1 too!

The sub osc should be centered and panning should be involved when it is on Like OSC mode.
And FX bypass for the sub osc is a must in my opinion too.

+1

Return to “u-he”