Steven Slate Trigger 2 wont load ! Any other Trigger 2 users ?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any other Tracktion users who has or had issues with Slate Trigger 2 ? I have tried it with T3, T4 (both 32 and 64) and with T5 (32 and 64) and it crashes all 3 DAW's. Works fine with Reaper 32 and 64 and with PT10 and PT11. I should note all my other Slate plugins work fine including Trigger 1. Trigger 2 shows up in the plugin list on all three versions of Tracktion. But when I load it up on a track, Tracktion immediately closes (no warnings or pop up error) to the desktop. Like Tracktion was never running. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Trigger 2 to no avail. Before I head to Tracktions web site I figured I would ask here if anyone else had issues. Thanks

Hello BushmasterM4

I just finished building a new DAW and loaded the latest T 5.4.2.

last night I started assembling the software I have purchased over the last year so I can install it this weekend. One of those items is Stephen Slate Trigger 2. When I get it installed I'll share my experience. I've never installed it before and I am sorry to hear you've been having problems with it.

By the time I finish working with it this weekend I expect that you'll get several responses from other Tracktioneers. I have seen references to Slate Trigger on this forum before but I don't remember where they were.

Regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Sounds good. I've had Trigger 2 for a while but never tried it. Crazy it happens on T3, T4 and T5.

Hello BushmasterM4

I forgot I had replied to this one.

Anyway I had problems installing Trigger and finally got it installed tonight. After three attempts I have had exactly the same result as you - a POOF crash as soon as I opened Trigger 2 in Tracktion 5.4.2.

Please let me know if you have resolved this issue, otherwise I will forward it to TSC to see if they can fix it.

My DAW:
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690 @ 3.50GHz 29 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-AR (SOCKET 1150) 28 °C
Graphics
FPD2485W (1920x1200@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (Sapphire/PCPartner) 54 °C

Regards,

theoldguy

Going to try an earlier version of Trigger 2 when I get a chance

@BushmasterM4

I heard from TSC today and was informed that they are in the process of contacting Slate to work with them regarding some of their other products and that Slate Trigger 2 will be added to the list of things to fix.

Regards

theoldguy

Finally tried an earlier version of Trigger 2 to no avail. Tracktion 4, 5 and 6 just don't like Trigger 2. Hope theoldguy is right and TSC is working on it.

Are you running Tracktion as an administrator?

Yes tried running T4, 5 and 6 in different compatibility modes and as admin. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I know this is a really old thread, but today I tried Trigger 2 in Tracktion 7.1.1 on Windows 10 and had similar experience as described here - Tracktion would crash whenever I tried to insert the filter. I was really bummed. But then I tried creating a rack filter in Tracktion first, and then loading Trigger 2 into the rack and it worked! No crashing.

Just putting this out there in case it helps somebody in the future.

mrandybrown wrote:I know this is a really old thread, but today I tried Trigger 2 in Tracktion 7.1.1 on Windows 10 and had similar experience as described here - Tracktion would crash whenever I tried to insert the filter. I was really bummed. But then I tried creating a rack filter in Tracktion first, and then loading Trigger 2 into the rack and it worked! No crashing.

Just putting this out there in case it helps somebody in the future.
Yeah , Its a Tracktion issue. Trigger 1 will work just fine, but Trigger 2 is a no go with all versions of Tracktion except Tracktion 3. TSC said they would get in touch with Slates team and get it resolved, but I guess TSC forgot. Sucks.

I get Trigger 2 to work in T6 by opening it within an instance of MetaPlugin

(I will not migrate to T7 until a theme/color editor is made part of T7).

http://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst-a ... x-wrapper/

We shouldn't have to wrap a plugin inside another. I really want to start using T7. But I use Trigger 2 a lot and have been using Studio One till they get it fixed. Hurry up and fix it !!! Or I may never switch back :)

BushmasterM4 wrote:We shouldn't have to wrap a plugin inside another. I really want to start using T7. But I use Trigger 2 a lot and have been using Studio One till they get it fixed. Hurry up and fix it !!! Or I may never switch back :)
Didn't someone say it works if you put it in a rack filter? You could always just do that till it gets sorted out. If you create a rack preset, wired up how you like, it's basically the same as inserting a new instance of Trigger 2 on a track.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:
BushmasterM4 wrote:We shouldn't have to wrap a plugin inside another. I really want to start using T7. But I use Trigger 2 a lot and have been using Studio One till they get it fixed. Hurry up and fix it !!! Or I may never switch back :)
Didn't someone say it works if you put it in a rack filter? You could always just do that till it gets sorted out. If you create a rack preset, wired up how you like, it's basically the same as inserting a new instance of Trigger 2 on a track.

Thanks. I will try that and see if it works. Will post back.

Return to “Tracktion”