[MDrummer] Archive option explained

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if I understood your post right, goldglob...

- All I wanted was to save a bass (again!) that consisted of a synth part and a sample to round it up.
- Did so by saving it as a component (nothing else is possible).
- Loaded another drumset and clicked the bass drum to exchange it with the new compo.
- MD offered four different ways to select a bass drum. Unfortunately not the component (being the 5th way).

A pic follows. Please hold on.

Now tell me which drumsynthsamplerompler forces the user to decide in advance which sources will be suitable. My understanding is that a user should not have to care about the initial technique being used...

You need to 'load and join' your saved component (Drumset toolbar up the top). Your sources will appear. Then trashcan the bassdrum1 you don't want. Yes?

goldglob wrote:You need to 'load and join' your saved component (Drumset toolbar up the top). Your sources will appear. Then trashcan the bassdrum1 you don't want. Yes?
Yeah, cool, I'll load them via the menu ...

Only because they don't show up in the fully fledged browser that - besides this fact - sports a separate view for four different drum types.

Honestly, goldglob, you can't think that this is user-friendly... ;)

You can of course 'save as' the whole drumset as you're working on it. Then loading it will bring it all up in one go.
I agree, MD is difficult to grasp. Think browser = sources , menus = sculptured sounds (components or complete drumsets or even stacked drumsets)
Tell me, how did you create your synth+sample component? By layering one drum?

goldglob wrote:Tell me, how did you create your synth+sample component? By layering one drum?
Sure, can't think of another method.

___
Add: BODY and NOISE are 4NN, THUMP is Msampler.

goldglob wrote:browser = sources , menus = sculptured sounds (components or complete drumsets or even stacked drumsets)
My stomach tells me that it should be the other way round: "ready-made" sounds showing up in the browser (no matter how they're made), individual sources (for experts) lurking in the menu.

2ct

I hear you, but hey, the 'quicksetup' tab for ready made and 'drumset editor' for us experts. :idea:
Nice chatting, this is how I learn, 4.43 am here, might hit the sack. :D

:D

Good 'night', goldglob.

P.S. We are the ones that learn from you. ;)

Hehe, now, is there a question for me? :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:No I'm afraid. MDrummer doesn't open every component to check what it is, that would be extremely inefficient. It looks in MDrummer/Drumsets/Components/Bass for bass drums. But what is inside this is just up to you.
I see what you mean... when generating, MD automatically populates the list in designer by choosing a component from within each category (folder) ;
but I think it's worth mentioning that extra categories can be created (EG: Components/Really Weird Sounds), then MD will add 'Really Weird Sounds' to the list in designer and will include that folder when generating (unless I lock it).

I had a similar question a while back :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5963798

So now in light of this discussion, I am going to share a custom kit soon. I need you all to test it .

Watch this space !

Ok I tried exporting it as an archive (drumset editor --> advanced --> save archive ).....

but it crashed. :)

I tried three times and it crashed three times and gave me the following error :
Screenshot (35).png
Is it because of the file size , because these are detailed multi velocity samples with upto 30 velocity layers. However, they perform fine when I am using them in MDrummer 5.1.

The total size of all the samples used in my custom drumkit will be at least 400 to 500 MB.

Any help or alternatives ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just tried with some factory drumset and seems working fine. So let's see - please try any of the factory drumsets, if it will work. It may be something specific about your drumset... hmm... 30 velocity layers is a lot, but there shouldn't be limitations. Please check the memory consumption in the task manager - just in case you got to the limit. Also, does it happen immediately?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok...i checked out the option again based on your comments and here are the results :

The standalone version of MDrummer 5.1 opens up as a 32 bit application (is there no 64 bit standalone version or have i lost mine :( ?). This does cause issues with bigger kits (RAM and Disk usage both surged in the standalone with the bigger kit). However I managed to export an archive for a smaller kit that uses MDrummer factory content.

This is a complete kit with single velocity layers and no fx. It should have come to a maximum 15 - 25 MB maximum including the envelopes and settings. Upon archiving it came to 321 MB !!! It exported fine and loaded fine (except the surge in RAM & Disk usage and the ridiculous file size). There is something seriously wrong with the coding in the "save as archive function".

Thinking of the 32 bit issue, I then opened the 64 bit MDrummer 5.1 64 Bit in Reaper 64 bit. I noticed straight away that the RAM & Disk usage was better, but still a bit high. I tried exporting my multi velocity kit, and despite waiting a while it managed to "save as archive" successfully. It also loaded fine. This is a kit with between 12 and 30 velcotu layers per kit piece. The size of the archive was 539 MB (which seems reasonable , though still on the high side).

I'm uploading both the archives now for your testing (and whoever else wants to). The multi velcoity kit ( called SM Drum V1 sounds fantastic.

Return to “MeldaProduction”