Dada Life are Bitwig beta testers... their experience with Bitwig so far...

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Suloo wrote:coming from cubase and my workflow has improved in speed definatly. See bounce in place for example.
I've been putting FL Studio 12 thru its paces - I'm an owner of both Bitwig and FL studio... lack of 1.2 chance to play has allowed me to reacquaint with FL... now with the super hot FL 12.

Bitwig has some sexy features like bounce in place, etc.

I feel somehow right now Bitwig is going to be my go-to tool for tweaking and playing with clips and samples quickly. Nice audio clip editing, etc.

But the whole throughput stage of things, routing out... that has been a pain. It seems the audio engine is getting improved for 1.2? I hope so... I find it lacking... my mixes seem very flat...

I really need the PDC issues to be resolved too for 1.2. Whatever it is.

Bitwig to me right now is a great "sketch pad" but I honestly need a more robust version in 1.2 or whatever for it to be my main DAW. 1.1.7 is just not cutting it, sorry to be a pisser, but it's feeling a bit buggy right now - surprise surprise, we're all waiting...

i need more precise viewing for editing in bitwig. I need better options on the track height/resolution...

vectorial FL 12 solidly delivers... my go-to DAW right now...

marztecheque wrote: It seems the audio engine is getting improved for 1.2? I hope so... I find it lacking... my mixes seem very flat...
Nothing to do with any audio engine or whatever. It's the native tools that are a little lacking right now. I think. But I don't know. I don't do DSP.

It's also a good opportunity to learn more about ACTUAL mixing and get better at it, rather than slapping on umpteen effects in pursuit of bettering your mix. Not gonna happen. Faders still work... I know for a fact, I've got considerably better just through struggling with bitwig :)

kangul wrote:
Voice303 wrote: Its kindof like the old command line vs GUI debate. Sure, you can do it either way but at the end of the day progress dictates that we can do the same thing in less time... so why not take advantage of it?
And it's an awfully bad example, because *nix console tools are still lightyears faster in use than most GUI interfaces. Not speaking of MS DOS, of course. It is really useless compared to graphical interfaces.
Its a good example because some things can be faster when you use both a GUI and command line, just as things are faster using both your ears and your eyes...

I didn't say everything was faster with a GUI, but some things certainly can be done faster in a graphical environment but it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I have been a NIX* developer and sysadmin for close to a decade now and a user for much longer so I think I can talk about it somewhat objectively.

Obviously a GUI is going to struggle to things like searching for a regular expression pattern in a bunch of files that match a pattern and then some more :tu:. But for things like copying 10+ specific files from a directory to another directory that don't follow any kind of pattern, command line just isn't cutting it speed wise even with completion. Use the right tool for the job rather than let you choice of tools be dictated by some sort of technological dogma / idealism :wink:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Maybe we should discuss their thoughts on Bitwig rather than our opinion about other peoples music?

Just because you don't like someones music doesn't invalidate their opinion...

:phones:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Voice303 wrote:Maybe we should discuss their thoughts on Bitwig rather than our opinion about other peoples music?

Shhhh... I'm trying to watch!

Voice303 wrote:

Sure not. I already said it would make for an interesting read and it was. :tu:

marztecheque wrote:
Suloo wrote:coming from cubase and my workflow has improved in speed definatly. See bounce in place for example.
I've been putting FL Studio 12 thru its paces - I'm an owner of both Bitwig and FL studio... lack of 1.2 chance to play has allowed me to reacquaint with FL... now with the super hot FL 12.

Bitwig has some sexy features like bounce in place, etc.

I feel somehow right now Bitwig is going to be my go-to tool for tweaking and playing with clips and samples quickly. Nice audio clip editing, etc.

But the whole throughput stage of things, routing out... that has been a pain. It seems the audio engine is getting improved for 1.2? I hope so... I find it lacking... my mixes seem very flat...

I really need the PDC issues to be resolved too for 1.2. Whatever it is.

Bitwig to me right now is a great "sketch pad" but I honestly need a more robust version in 1.2 or whatever for it to be my main DAW. 1.1.7 is just not cutting it, sorry to be a pisser, but it's feeling a bit buggy right now - surprise surprise, we're all waiting...
Dude no need to whine, the devs know what is needed, but its only with time things can fix. Fl studio 1.2 is far worse then bitwig 1.2 hehe xD sure fl 12 has gone vectorsl upgrade, ive learnet the new features. I hate fl still, i cant belive they call their function group where it only put barackers on side of mixertracks and no bus, everything just goes to master without getting bussed. Fls, many things i am disopointed to se fl studio. How horrible it is to add plugins in the from browser to the old stuff opened, defently regression there. I am happy u are fond of fl studio, and while waiting for bitwig 1.2 have fun :) nothing holding back, but i am tired of fl studio. I think bitwig 1.2 offers more awesome features than fl 12 though :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

I should of mentioned though, theres no way I will work quicker in ableton then bitwig come bitwig 1.2 the keyboard shortcuts are a game changer for me being a nerd pc gamer shortcuts are just natural and seem like the best way to customize workflow for myself, I dont know if others feel the same.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

qtheerearranger wrote:I should of mentioned though, theres no way I will work quicker in ableton then bitwig come bitwig 1.2 the keyboard shortcuts are a game changer for me being a nerd pc gamer shortcuts are just natural and seem like the best way to customize workflow for myself, I dont know if others feel the same.

Quick and responsive mouse is where it's at for me :wink:

PolaroidThePenguin wrote:
qtheerearranger wrote:I should of mentioned though, theres no way I will work quicker in ableton then bitwig come bitwig 1.2 the keyboard shortcuts are a game changer for me being a nerd pc gamer shortcuts are just natural and seem like the best way to customize workflow for myself, I dont know if others feel the same.

Quick and responsive mouse is where it's at for me :wink:
I hope we can change on how the mouse acts for pianoroll and stuff :) but probably not
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

ronnyrydgren wrote:no bus, everything just goes to master without getting bussed.
Have you ever really used the software? How were pros composing music with a mixer which can't create bus track... rofl smh

tooneba wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:no bus, everything just goes to master without getting bussed.
Have you ever really used the software? How could pros are composing music with a mixer which can't create bus track... rofl smh
Well you can send tracks output to a track, much simuar on how it is in bitwig atm, but now with fl12, u can select multiple tracks and do it in one step. But i talk if you group in fl it still goes to master without getting to a buss and fl was like "now we finally have groups in mixer". You still would have to route to a track and let that act as buss after you have grouped for each individual track. One of many reasons i am not happy about image-line as devoloper for their decissions how to make things work half decent, except pianoroll

Yeah I'm exactly the same. I like to have everything laid out my way, it speeds things up loads. No more hunting for a button or menu, just hit a key and it's done.

Return to “Bitwig”