Mu Project/Preset Cloud

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It would be great if someone of you could organise a central place for sharing and collaborating on user projects/presets. Any ideas what would be the best free cloud service for such thing? I'll support the startup of it as good as i can but i think it should be user driven. Just thinking loud here.

There is this place here on KVR where people can post patches and all. I've just discovered it and posted my first patch, but you can only upload once every 24 hours, hahaha...that was curious. So, yeah, a dedicated cloud for that would be excellent!
Last edited by Taron on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yea I've just uploaded mine on the KVR section, better than clogging up this forum
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

mutools wrote:It would be great if someone of you could organise a central place for sharing and collaborating on user projects/presets. Any ideas what would be the best free cloud service for such thing? I'll support the startup of it as good as i can but i think it should be user driven. Just thinking loud here.
Why not here at KVR? It's all there.
Go to the MuLab products page here at KVR at
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/mulab-by-mutools
there you'll find a tab called "Banks & Patches" with already 2 patches (Who the heck was that?).
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

It's all ok for me as long as there is a central place that is easy to use for both MUX preset creators and MUX preset users. I also wonder: Imagine someone creates a preset and uploads it to Kvr. Then he makes a change and want to update that same preset that was already uploaded, is that possible? Or do you have to upload the same preset a second time? (that would create clutter of course)
Another consideration: What about grouping presets in sub-folders, eg Effects, Synths, ... is that possible using the Kvr preset database?

I have another patch but because of the upload rule it will have to wait, its just a variation of the previous ones I did, but variety is nice.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I already wrote about that curious limit above! :lol: :dog:
I, too, believe that a cool, dedicated web forum with cloud would be ideal and instantly create a far more professional flair!
I use phpBB for my Verve forum and it's easy to maintain. I even wrote some custom stuff for it in two days of learning how that stuff works, haha. So...it's fairly easy!

I have no clue about cloud stuff, though, yet, should be easy to figure out. I'm not going to do any of this, naturally, but I'll happily contribute once it's done. I'll make plenty of noise, too! ;)
Last edited by Taron on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banana split ;)

Why not just add a subdomaine to mutool.com ?
And add phpBB as Taron's suggestion. Lot of premaide layout exist, and you can manage as you want with lot of addones. And its free...

Subdomains have there own folders and dont mix up your main domain.

Are you alone to developpe Mulab ?

Well, Amazon S3 has a free 12 month trial plan with 5GB storage and probably high enough data request limit.
That would cover the storage. For web code and database I would have tried App harbor, but that is only because I am personally a .NET dev...
Once the limitations of the free services starts to become exceded there would hopefully be a big enough user base that it may pay itself by donations and/or ads.

http://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/
https://appharbor.com/

I have not tried any of these services though, only read good things about them.
Finding a totally free cloud server for storing patches is probably not possible...

The way CDM has createdigitalnoise as a separate user forum, with a topic directory on the left, may be a good model for mutools.com. Then, mux patches can also be downloaded from the mutools download page (with a brief description & image) along with the existing MuLab demos. It will enable easy access for non-kvr users, be customizable, and reliable.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Unfortunately i don't have the time to research, setup and manage such online user preset library. That's why i'm posting the question about a user driven free cloud-based solution. Maybe something like google drive, or... I don't know yet. Would have to compare things.
@ Braserox: Yes i'm developing MuLab & MUX alone. That explains the limited time resources. Other ideas welcome.

I'm not sure if using a forum to share presets is a good thing cause then the presets are published as attachements to posts, right? Then you don't have an overview. And also how to update an existing preset then? I think it should work more like a drive, with grouping in sub-folders, a search function, ability to add, update and delete presets. Then communication about presets can still be done via this forum. I also think that such online user preset library should work with a login, so to protect presets from unwanted alien changes or spam junk. Just thinking loud, not very experienced in such matter.

Further thinking out loud. Perhaps we can use a software collaboration site like GitHub that combines preset hosting and team collaboration features like issue tracking (eg "issue" of increasing Diana's sonic complexity), see:
https://github.com/features
I am happy to investigate GitHub further in partnership with another user who has more expertise than I in this area, and we can report back to the group. OK, Jo?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Yes sounds good.

Return to “MUTOOLS”