Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

I think the most important is for me to put visible error alerts when the high-precision timers of the local sequencer could not be set up. That is obviously the root of the problem, it does not work at all.
I don't think it matters if you use Reaper as portable installation. If all fails I should try this too.
Yes, the latest plug-in is very small, compared to the old one.

Thanks for the screencasts!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,
I would like to give you a brief feedback regarding the latest RC beta (2.9b9) in Ableton Live and Cubase8 (all 64bit running in Windows7).
No issues in Live after a short test. Only problem with Live is that it doesn't evaluate the Midi channel when routing Midi data inside Live, but that's Abletons issue.
So Cubase should be a better choice for multi-track work, BUT with the latest beta it doesn't work at all.
Let me explain what I am doing step by step:
In an empty project I add an instrument track and choose RC as VSTi. The RC window opens and I can do anything there (add phrases, change chords, add tracks, etc.), but as soon as the mouse pointer leaves the RC window and hoovers over the Cubase window it turns into the blue Windows halo and Cubase doesn't react on anything (mouse clicks, typing on the keyboard, etc.). Going back to the RC window I can still do things.
What is also striking is that the instrument track does not appear in the Cubase track list.
The only thing I can do than is to log off, which terminates Cubase and allows me to log on again. Trying to terminate Cubase via the task manager freezes windows so that I have to press the power switch to force the computer to shut down.
Hope you will be able to tackle this issue. Let me know if I can do anything to help (try certain things or try to run a test-build).
Greetz, Max

musicdevelopments wrote:Thank you for your post, Disperato! Yes, there was a bug there, which was fixed today. It won't crash anymore from the next beta version.

Thanks! :tu:
Attila
Nice to hear! Maybe I will contribute more often. RapidComposer is definitely one of my favorite things.

Hi Attila,
i want to thank you for the "Adjust Note Lengths v2" especially...
combining this with join note variation now we can easily create legato melodies perfectly!
so... Thank You So Much!

i had couple of times crash with RC vst 2.9b8 x64 in Reaper4 x64 but i need to test more with new betas and see+catch the procedure carefully.

btw. as a side note/Q with new vst even no need to save RC projects?
(i am asking this because, i created 2 different projects while testing 2.9b8 vst
i just saved Reaper projects without saving RC projects,then when i open Reaper project RC was loading corresponding one)
only thing i can report is (if its not the new feature) RC standalone play cursor is not moving smoothly it skips beat to beat while playing

more reports will follow if i catch any.

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

max.noise wrote:So Cubase should be a better choice for multi-track work, BUT with the latest beta it doesn't work at all.
Let me explain what I am doing step by step:
Hi Max,

thank you! It indeed did not work in Cubase, but not anymore. In this latest beta version it works in Cubase too, and even the key-strokes are forwarded to Cubase, so you can start playback from the RC window.

Changes in v2.9b10:
  • "Make window always on top" option added for VST
  • "Bring RapidComposer To Top" should work now
  • Fixed hanging in Cubase
  • Crashing bug in harmonization fixed
  • Better error handing when setting up timers for the local sequencer
  • Fixes for lost Note Off events when more than one plug-in instances were used
  • Fixed phrase preview which did not work in VST host mode
I am grateful for any feedback about the VST plug-in.
Attila

Hi Yıldırım!
yellukhan wrote:btw. as a side note/Q with new vst even no need to save RC projects?
No, you don't have to save your project, it is the responsibility of the VST host to save and restore the plug-in internal states.
yellukhan wrote:only thing i can report is (if its not the new feature) RC standalone play cursor is not moving smoothly it skips beat to beat while playing
This requires some explanation. This can happen if the VST host tells the plug-in to render longer periods of time, e.g. 0.5 seconds (=one beat @ 120 BPM).
RapidComposer displays the playback position at rendering positions, it does not simulate that the timeline goes smoothly when it is told to render twice a second.
This will be improved to make a more pleasant playback experience ;) but it is not a bug, it just works that way.
yellukhan wrote:more reports will follow if i catch any.

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.
Thank you for sharing your compositions, I am sure it is a great inspiration for others learning RC (and for me to continue the development with even bigger enthusiasm :hihi: )

Attila

Hi Attila!
Perhaps I write too early, because for MAC OSX until there is only 2.9b7, but I want to remind you that 2.9b7 still has problems and does not play some notes in the cycle, is almost always the first note (now I write about VST). .. I hope that this will be fixed!)
Sincerely lulukom

Thank you, lulukom, I'll make sure loop playback will be tested with the new plug-in. This weekend I'll start working on the OS X version, which won't take long. I expect the new plug-in will work in just a few days.

Best regards,
Attila

Hi Attila,
just tried the new b10, but no success, still the same behaviour in Cubase.
Any idea?

Greetz, Max

Really? :bang: :scared:
I have downloaded Cubase Elements demo and first the plug-in did not work, but then after the fix it was working perfectly.
I'll send you a plug-in which does logging, so that we know what is going on.

Thanks,
Attila

Win 7 64 bit running RC X64 V 2.9b10

Standalone: When attempting to assign tracks to a multitimbral VST, eg Kontakt, the first track assignment goes fine. Add a track and then attempting to assign it to another channel in the VST, eg Kontakt, the previous instance is not listed where it normally should be at the top of the VST drop down list. I did this several times yesterday and most of the time repeated this behavior. Once though, it worked, but I havent't been able to get it to work since. I do have the box checked on settings on the VST tab where is states load once, plug in handles, etc. Am I doing something wrong or is something not quite working right?

Dave,
I have the exact same experience with Kontakt.
Thanks,
Forrest

Thanks guys, I'll check and fix this bug.
Attila

Hello....Edit see below.
I haven't used RC for about 6 months. I recently got back into it and opened an old project in reaper. All good. Then i noticed the VST was version 2.72. I'd obviously updated the standalone but hadn't put in the new DLL. When I updated the VST to the latest official release 2.84, every time I opened a reaper project containing an older RC project, reaper crashes due to RC. New projects created in the standalone and opened in the VST, saved in reaper and reopened...no problem. Anyway beta 2.9b11 (X64) fixed the crashing of old projects but the project plays without sound in the VST appropriately routed in this case to revitar 2 (guitar) and GTG (drums). If I open the reaper project, go into RC and reopen the original standalone project again then still the same result. The standalone project plays fine.
As i said newly created projects are not a problem only my older ones. i have since deleted 2.72 so I cannot test this.

EDIT: When the old reaper project is loading I get this message "There were 1 items in the project that were saved by extensions. If you save this project without those extensions installed, you may lose those extensions' data." Not sure what this means but looks like it highlights the problem. It's implying I no longer have certain extension installed (which ones would they be, I'm not aware of uninstalling anything)

Regards

Michael
Last edited by Atrocious on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

dave4761 wrote:Win 7 64 bit running RC X64 V 2.9b10

Standalone: When attempting to assign tracks to a multitimbral VST, eg Kontakt, the first track assignment goes fine. Add a track and then attempting to assign it to another channel in the VST, eg Kontakt, the previous instance is not listed where it normally should be at the top of the VST drop down list. I did this several times yesterday and most of the time repeated this behavior. Once though, it worked, but I havent't been able to get it to work since. I do have the box checked on settings on the VST tab where is states load once, plug in handles, etc. Am I doing something wrong or is something not quite working right?
Hi Dave,

this should work. I have the same configuration (Win 7 64 bit running RC X64 V 2.9b10) and tried this with Kontakt and ARIA Player. I had "Kontakt 5" and "New Instance of Kontakt 5" at the top of the menu.
If you make a new composition, and select Kontakt for the first track, you should already see this at the top of the menu, without adding more tracks.
Will you please look into
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\RapidComposer\DB\Kontakt 5.dll.rcINST
and check if it contains "create_new_instance=0;"
Maybe RC did something wrong with that file?
I have no clue at the moment. What is the simplest way to reproduce this issue?

Thanks!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”