MMultiAnalyzer quick question - can it build a snapshot curve over time and then "freeze" it?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking at the great vid on the Melda site of MMultiAnalyzer as I'm looking for something that shows three or more tracks' frequencies at once to help me with collisions.

I do own MAutoDynamicEQ (great for doing that with two tracks), and one of the features I like is the ability to build a snapshot "average" over time of the spectral content (using "Analyse Source").

Does MMultiAnalyzer also build up an average curve over time for comparison among the different tracks? In the MMultiAnalyzer vid I only saw real-time spectrum analyzer displays.

Thanks -

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but with MMultiAnalyzer you can set the decay to 100% and it will then not decay the graph. so you can run the signal from your instances in and then set decay to 100% and it will hold the peak values in the graphing. with the regular graph this will create an peak held frequency graph of each instance. did that help?

Yes! That and averaging. Anyway you may want to actually check realtime spectrums, not infinite averages, because the collisions occur only if the spectrums are overlapping at the same time of course, otherwise there's no point in doing anything ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

plexuss wrote:I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but with MMultiAnalyzer you can set the decay to 100% and it will then not decay the graph. so you can run the signal from your instances in and then set decay to 100% and it will hold the peak values in the graphing. with the regular graph this will create an peak held frequency graph of each instance. did that help?
Thanks, plexuss, that is helpful :) , I'm looking for more of an average than a peak though.

MeldaProduction wrote:Yes! That and averaging. Anyway you may want to actually check realtime spectrums, not infinite averages, because the collisions occur only if the spectrums are overlapping at the same time of course, otherwise there's no point in doing anything ;).
How is the best way to use the collision lane (black in your vid) in practice? Real time the collisions are jumping all over the spectrum, far too fast to be chasing them with an EQ ... right?

Is there a way to apply a volume gate to a part of the spectrum only when they are overlapping a certain definable amount with another? Which Melda plug could do this or others? I would think maybe a multi-band compressor but only triggered by another instances peak in a band.

alexis: Please just increase the average time and it will be easier to spot.

Tjivory: I'd recommend MAutoDynamicEq for that, or if you don't mind latency and want really to make the plugin detect and solve everything, go for MSpectralDynamics.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:alexis: Please just increase the average time and it will be easier to spot.

HI Mr. Melda - thank you for that. But I'm a little confused ... How is that different from what I asked in the OP, but I think you suggested earlier in the thread might not be too helpful:
...Anyway you may want to actually check realtime spectrums, not infinite averages, because the collisions occur only if the spectrums are overlapping at the same time of course, otherwise there's no point in doing anything ...

Thanks!

Hi Alexis, now I'm not sure - is there some further question? :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”