Maschine 2 library and expansion pack problem

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently had to reinstall my Windows 8 OS and Maschine software. I originally installed all my Maschine libraries on a separate hard drive so I didn't have to reinstall the samples in this type of situation. Now the libraries don't show up in my Maschine 2 factory library browser or in the NI Service Centre. How can I re-add these libraries without re-installing the samples? I can't believe NI have made this so difficult.

Did you make sure that the expansion locations are added to Maschine's library? If so, just rescan the library. NI made it simple, but a fresh install of Maschine has no way of knowing that you have expansions installed or where they are.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

dcfac73 wrote:I recently had to reinstall my Windows 8 OS and Maschine software. I originally installed all my Maschine libraries on a separate hard drive so I didn't have to reinstall the samples in this type of situation. Now the libraries don't show up in my Maschine 2 factory library browser or in the NI Service Centre. How can I re-add these libraries without re-installing the samples? I can't believe NI have made this so difficult.
All native instruments products place files in various special folders outside the library folder and also have a bunch of special registry keys required by service center and other ni products. Even maschine expansions. The expansions also need to be activated in service center, and that isn't possible without those registry keys. If you had access to your old os image you could hack together a fix by grabbing the relevant xml files and reg keys... otherwise you need to re-install and re-activate.

There's no way to manually add any locations to the factory library directories within Maschine 2.2.4. It seems the only way to do this is to actually re-install the libraries.

UltimateOutsider wrote:
dcfac73 wrote:I recently had to reinstall my Windows 8 OS and Maschine software. I originally installed all my Maschine libraries on a separate hard drive so I didn't have to reinstall the samples in this type of situation. Now the libraries don't show up in my Maschine 2 factory library browser or in the NI Service Centre. How can I re-add these libraries without re-installing the samples? I can't believe NI have made this so difficult.
All native instruments products place files in various special folders outside the library folder and also have a bunch of special registry keys required by service center and other ni products. Even maschine expansions. The expansions also need to be activated in service center, and that isn't possible without those registry keys. If you had access to your old os image you could hack together a fix by grabbing the relevant xml files and reg keys... otherwise you need to re-install and re-activate.
This is so stupid. I own Komplete 10 as well, and all you had to do was point Kontakt 5 to the library locations and they were added back into the library (Maschine too). But Maschine libraries are such a PITA.

Ok, just found this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NcR8AnaKfU

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem.

Stupid to have to resort to mucking around with the registry to do something so simple.

Well, the libraries now show up in the browser, but not in the Service Centre, so I can't authorize them. This is just too much damn trouble. I will not be buying anymore NI sample content. I've wasted a day on this issue.

video for a detailed step-to-step registry modification and folder move, with Native Access results in "installed" product:

https://youtu.be/ij4-H85UGQ4

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”