New 1.2 browser question

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've never used it so can only go by what I've been told.

At this years Musikmesse I had a little talk to Claus of Bitwig (very nice person indeed):
He told me that the Audition Browser will support fxp-files of 3rd party plugs as well as wave-files :-D

Workaround until 1.2:
You could use the free VST Zen by Big Tick as categorizer-plugin that hosts other plug-ins if have fxp-format-presets (Zen is actually the software that Akai has bought as basis for VIP).
Be aware that Zen cannot host 32-bit plugs/presets and 64 bit plugs/presets together!
This works for me with NI Synths and Nemesis in Bitwig but unfortunately crash with U-He and IL plugs. (only in Bitwig, in FL Studio everything works well).

So I can find quickly e.g. a lead sound no matter what vst it is :)

For my personal needs the Audition Browser will be the killer-feature of 1.2 :)

(tiny correction: He's called Claes, he's from Sweden ;-) )
That is great news. Will be interesting if it also works for something like Divas presets that go down many folders...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Will be interesting if it also works for something like Divas presets that go down many folders...

Cheers,

Tom
Ouch .. Very good point.
I hope they do.

Wait a minute, U-he uses h2p format. Is this some flavour of FXP?! Would Bitwig 1.2 browser see that?

Edit: Scratch that.. in the new video on the other thread @2:22 Dom loads a Bazille preset.. yay!!

c-wave wrote:Wait a minute, U-he uses h2p format. Is this some flavour of FXP?! Would Bitwig 1.2 browser see that?

Edit: Scratch that.. in the new video on the other thread @2:22 Dom loads a Bazille preset.. yay!!
h2p is not fxp... fxp is a universal format, h2p is a u-he format... so you need to resave the presets in fxp

Suloo wrote:oh no, i'm wrong sorry. You can import fxp/fxb in cubase, directly via the surrounding plugin frame. Shame on me.. :oops:

But as you said, saving them does not work. So only half supported at least. :hihi:

Didn't use cubase since Bitwig is out, it starts to vanish from my mind.
Ditto, miss Halion 5 tho, but not Cubase.

So anyway just to confirm there's no way to get presets into bitwig for my brainworx/plugin alliance plugins which have no preset menu built into the GUI? Same applies for similar plugins right?

- fxp/fxb work in 1.2 and show up in the browser.
I don't think BWS scans the VST-Plugin-Presets, but since the new browser does so much already, this may become a feature in the future.
Until then I'll continue to save the presets I really like as BWS presets (and tag them) and otherwise use the internal plugin browser or the standard VST list in the GUI.
Automatic loading of all VST presets isn't always the best IMO, since it can't tag stuff...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Bitwig”