One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nobody that wants discuss next months synths??? All are busy with the voting system. :bang:
Some hair-rising thought have been written here. Can't follow them at all. I thought about all this and also my comment above with 'mandatory comment line'. This is my result.

Keep the voting system like it is. Simple. :!:
Any implemented detail would become relative. Due to the different experience level and taste of each participant/voter/listener we will never get a homogeneous result. And it wouldn't represent reality.
Reality is some people have knowledge an can dissect your work and they do. Others are able to listen and vote for liking or not. And there's a lot in between these extremes. It's a cross section, what the voting tells us. No more, no less.

And now, please discuss next months synths! :D :D :D

What we need is a beta of the BSE :hihi: can't wait to try that OMG button :ud:

RichardSemper wrote:What we need is a beta of the BSE :hihi: can't wait to try that OMG button :ud:
I'm sure z is hard at work with this but might take a few days to get a working beta up. Once it's ready all future OSC will of course be with BSE.

Meanwhile I think xhip and PG8X look like interesting prospects. Not sure if they're stable enough but the users seem generally happy.

mehum wrote:Meanwhile I think xhip and PG8X look like interesting prospects. Not sure if they're stable enough but the users seem generally happy.
I would vote for PG8X too! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Of course there's also SUPER-7. Which only produces super saws! Who needs anything else?
http://shop.cfa-sound.com/products/supe ... ersaw-vst/

mehum wrote:Of course there's also SUPER-7. Which only produces super saws! Who needs anything else?
That may just be too intense of an OSC... can people handle this? It seems too much :o

jasinski wrote: 1. Make sounds that push the limits of the month's synthesizer. Make it sound like something that people will swear there is no way the synth could do!

2. Mixing and mastering.

3. Composition.

4. Listenability.

5. Surprise me.
I might have to add this to the site, really quality write up sir! :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

bjporter wrote:
mehum wrote:Of course there's also SUPER-7. Which only produces super saws! Who needs anything else?
That may just be too intense of an OSC... can people handle this? It seems too much :o
String theory dictates that we should be safe as long as we don't reach critical supersauce mass. If that happens all strings in the universe will become slightly detuned in reference to the mass epicentrum and create what astronomers and physisists informally call the Big Pad.

wagtunes wrote: I too place a great weight on those scores from members who are obviously very talented and know what they're doing. That is why it puzzles me when those people usually score me higher than everyone else. It would seem that they'd be scoring me the lowest if my stuff was really that bad. That is why I am so puzzled by my terrible showings in these.

But like you said, it may very well just come down to one thing. I'm making music that the majority here just doesn't like.

If that's the case, there really isn't much I can do about it unless I, as they say, "go commercial."

That's something I've had a hard time doing my whole life.
All I can say is, make music from your heart, don't change your style just to get a bigger audience, I don't believe in that. Make music that YOU like and that YOU can relate with. I tried for many years to make music that other people might like, but in the end, I didn't like it at all, and my audience didn't get any bigger. Now I'm back to making music I like and I'm enjoying it again. :)
Last edited by Marando on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music... life would be boring without it.

PG8X looks like a good candidate for an OSC...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6116911

Marando wrote:
All I can say is, make music from your hearth,
:hihi: not laughing at you marando, maybe its a typo
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:
Marando wrote:
Oh that was not a typo but me making a spelling mistake. Lol, making music from your hearth.. that can be a very warm place, literally. I fixed my mistake in my original post, guess I learned something today. :tu:
Music... life would be boring without it.

Haha it made me smile

Marando wrote:
bibz1st wrote:
Marando wrote:
Oh that was not a typo but me making a spelling mistake. Lol, making music from your hearth.. that can be a very warm place, literally. I fixed my mistake in my original post, guess I learned something today. :tu:
That 'cause English is a so lazy language: add/remove/change/swap a letter and PRONTO! you have a new word. :clown: Typos are dangerous, in English :)
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Yes but they can be an endless supply of humour, providing one gets the joke

Return to “Instruments”