Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for working on these! I still have to pinch myself sometimes.
My REM sleep dreams are often less ambitious, than your real world
coding contributions :wink:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/images/ref/imresize.html

Would this type of command do for downscaling?
Cheers

Glokraw, you should be able to do it with convert.

By the way, are these debug or optimised builds? If the former, when can we expect the latter? Thanks!

Stone1, they are optimized builds of course ;-)

So I ran a small experiment: I downscaled the pixmaps of presswerk by a factor of 8, by using the following script 3 times and it did not improve the performances.

Code: Select all

#! /bin/bash

function downscale() {
    file="$1"
    tmp=$(mktemp /tmp/XXXXXXXXX.png)

original_size=$(identify "$file" | cut -f 3 -d ' ')
    x=$(echo $original_size | sed 's/\(.*\)x.*/\1/')
    y=$(echo $original_size | sed 's/.*x\(.*\)/\1/')
    size=$((x / 2))x$((y / 2))

echo converting "$file" from $original_size to $size
    convert "$file" -scale $size "$tmp"
    mv "$tmp" "$file"
}

function downscaleProduct() {
    for file in $(find .u-he/"$1"/Data/Images/ -type f -iname '*.png')
    do
        downscale "$file"
    done
}

downscaleProduct Presswerk
So the UI performance issue do not come from the high quality of the pixmap.
Conslusion: you should not downscale the pixmaps!

I could be wrong, but it seems like a video driver issue to me. I do not have any performance problems on several different NVIDIA cards.

Phantom, I think you're correct he probably has an issue with is driver and maybe he's doing software rendering ;-)

I'm trying to reduce the fps from 60fps to 30fps, that should be enough. Also the visibility event should let us save some CPU in some cases. New build in progress!

I just updated the plugin to the revision 3466, which includes the latest UI optimizations. Yet do not expect too much improvement ;-)

Thanks Abique for updating the plugins.

I have no graphical issues with the older builds. The only thing I recognized is that when I have several plugins loaded (own Hive and Satin) and turned on the audio engine in Bitwig I get for example 30% cpu load even when no sound is playing. Just loading the plugins results in cpu load.

I have an ATI Radeon 5770 with the proprietary graphic drivers.

Hihu, how many is several?
Also the load might not come from the UI but from the dsp also.
If you turn off the audio engine and then turn it on, the UI is not loaded until you show it, so you could see the dsp usage.

I haven't counted exactly but about 5-6 instances with hive and on every bus 1 Satin so all together between 10-12.

But your are right I think it's coming from DSP because when I load the gui I have no CPU spikes.

But as I mentioned I have ATI graphic solution and no spikes when I load the gui.

If i can help someway (posting the version number of kernel and driver or something like this) I can do this later on.

Massive improvement with 3466. Presswerk and Hive are down to about 20%.

Great work.

Since you are apparently using Cairo for drawing, i might suggest a few
improvements that could get it down to about 1-3%.

Drumfix wrote:Massive improvement with 3466. Presswerk and Hive are down to about 20%.

Great work.

Since you are apparently using Cairo for drawing, i might suggest a few
improvements that could get it down to about 1-3%.
Thanks!
Go ahead please! Go! :help: :love: :help: :love:

Drumfix wrote: Great work.
Agree++

Thanks again to u-he and abique for these amazing plugins.

Best,

dp

@abique:

I know that this might sound like a strange request, but would it be possible to add a flag or something to the installer that tells it, to only install the software and the initialize preset and leave out the rest of the other presets. I do not like presets in any way, so i normally delete all of them for any kind of software or hardware i use. Now i have to do this every time you update the this software stack. :pray:

Psychotronic wrote:@abique:

I know that this might sound like a strange request, but would it be possible to add a flag or something to the installer that tells it, to only install the software and the initialize preset and leave out the rest of the other presets. I do not like presets in any way, so i normally delete all of them for any kind of software or hardware i use. Now i have to do this every time you update the this software stack. :pray:
I added an option --no-presets ;-)
This is something like:

Code: Select all

if test "$NO_PRESETS" -eq 1 ; then
        find "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/Presets/$PRODUCT/" \
          \( -type f -a -iname '*.h2p' -a -not -iname 'initialize.h2p' -a -delete \) \
          -o \( -empty -a -delete \)
fi

Return to “u-he”