8-String Guitar in the works

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greg,

Can you tell us a little more about this 8-string guitar you're working on? Will it use the same new Evolution engine as the other guitars? Any idea on release date? This one I'm REALLY looking forward to!

Thanks.

All future OTS guitars will use the same new Evolution engine. :)

An 8-String guitar is really welcome.
Which exact model are you sampling?

And a suggestion for the next guitar to sample.
Please, please, please sample the Gretsch Irish Falcon, or maybe the White Falcon, but I prefer the Irish Falcon.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8w9idNQzMw

It's an 8-string Schecter Banshee, but I swapped out the pickups with Bare Knuckle Juggernauts, which sound INCREDIBLE. The library will use the same Evolution guitar engine that Stratosphere, Strawberry, and Steel Strings use.

Here's a photo of the guitar:

Be sure to 'like' our Facebook page to get all the updates as the library progresses!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Oh man, this is going to freakin' rule! Since it's an 8-string, I reckon that at least some notes below Low A will be sampled?

This is going to be a DEFINITE purchase from me!

xphen0m wrote:Since it's an 8-string, I reckon that at least some notes below Low A will be sampled?
All the way to a low F#. ;)

And since it has 24 frets, you get a full 2 octaves per string, too.

I thought the stock Nazgul/Sentient pickups sounded good, but man, the Bare Knuckle Juggernaut pickups sound incredible--they give the low end a lot more clarity, which is important when you're doing low chugs and powerchords. There's a reason Bare Knuckles pickups are so popular for metal guitar these days!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote: All the way to a low F#. ;)

And since it has 24 frets, you get a full 2 octaves per string, too.

I thought the stock Nazgul/Sentient pickups sounded good, but man, the Bare Knuckle Juggernaut pickups sound incredible--they give the low end a lot more clarity, which is important when you're doing low chugs and powerchords. There's a reason Bare Knuckle's pickups are so popular for metal guitar these days!

Oh wow I can't wait for this! So any idea on potential completion/release? At least what quarter you're thinking?

It should be ready by the end of this quarter--I don't see it taking any longer than that.

In other news, we just finished mapping all samples in Kontakt. They still need some processing (tuning, etc.), but it's a total of 24.6 GB of samples!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Awesome! The bigger the better!! :)

8 strings fit so nicely in the Evolution guitar engine. :D

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

That looks great! I'm sure it will sound even better!!! :D

Sexy! :hyper:

Gregjazz wrote: All the way to a low F#. ;)

Now if only there were a bass sample library out there that goes down to F#!

Final tally for our 8-string guitar library: nearly 18 GB of sample content--and well over 15,000 samples, too!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Final tally for our 8-string guitar library: nearly 18 GB of sample content--and well over 15,000 samples, too!
monster in the making! Thanks... :love:
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”