Different location for Bitwig Studio Folder

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this possible? Does this break anything?
I would at least relocate the projects, but bitwig seems to keep the default folder location and there is no preferences to point to another location.

thanks

I've moved the whole Bitwig Studio folder from Documents into my Dropbox, and used an alias to point there.

Edit: Mac OS X

I did the same but all my presets and samples are displayed double - one copy with default Bitwig Studio Library path and another with path of my relocated library to which the symlink points. Definitely they should add configurable library location in preferences!

I have also moved my Bitwig folder to another location without any problems.

Did you guys set the cache and package locations in the preferences?

Cant add attachments anymore on this thread but open the package manager and change the location and in the preferences there is the cache location.

It was the first thing I did and have had absolutely no problems.

nori.lam wrote:I have also moved my Bitwig folder to another location without any problems.

Did you guys set the cache and package locations in the preferences?

Cant add attachments anymore on this thread but open the package manager and change the location and in the preferences there is the cache location.

It was the first thing I did and have had absolutely no problems.
Thanks,

Im on osx by the way.

The cache and package location are both in the osx library folder and not in the bitwig studio folder, so these locations are afaik not related.

I tried the alias and it seems to work.

I also created an alias in my Documents folder on OS X to point to my "Bitwig Studio" folder in Google Drive. On Windows, it was a little more tricky as a regular Windows shortcut wouldn't work. But in the command prompt, you can make a link/directory junction. So in the Documents directory, you can do:

Code: Select all

mklink /J "Bitwig Studio" "path_to_your_folder"

With the OSX alias solution, Bitwig can not find my own controller scripts

in fact it doesn't seem to work at all. The library presets are also not found.
I put everything back but the project folder.

OSX mavericks

i do the same but if i save a clip bitwig continue to use document folder

i asked this in the first week of lunch..hope staff think to do this (choose library folder)

nsq wrote:Definitely they should add configurable library location in preferences!
I second that :tu:

hello ! my audio analysis cache is limit set to 9.77gb (standard). what happens when its full or better can i erase the C:...../AppData/Local/Bitwig Studio/Cache/samples folder manuel from time to time . just to know what happens and keep overview about the C: partition system space I guess its also a kind of temp folder for faster speed up !?
i erase already after a while the C:...../AppData/Local/Bitwig Studio/temp-projects !
thank you bitwig

+1

Having a simple option to customise the default Projects root folder would save clicking through folders every time I want to open/save a new project :)

+1 for default project folder setting

A+++

and please volume adjust per mouse scroll :)

+1 for default project folder setting

Return to “Bitwig”