Martin Gore

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:BTW, here is a fan remix I made of A Question of Lust ages ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhmdlLXkTMw
Cool mix ! :tu:

Yea, I've to read that he is on KVR ( hi mart ! :-) ).

Regarding soft synths. In the interview on his website he says he would plug a soft synth trough a modular first.

...and he also said that the ELKA Synthex is one of his favorites ! :-D
I hope he've joined the XILS-Lab Minisyn'x club ! :-)

Numanoid wrote:
elassi wrote:I wouldn't say that "Somebody" is challenging...
Must have been challenging for Mart, y'know he recorded the vocals naked (fact!)
I hope you know you just ruined that song for me forever...
Sweet child in time...

And Fletch spanked Martin on his bare ass when they tried to crate a realistic whip sound for Master and Servant. They eventually ended up with Dan (miller) spitting on the mic.

Hope that doesn't ruin that song for you :-)

Deep Purple wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Must have been challenging for Mart, y'know he recorded the vocals naked (fact!)
:lol:

Deep Purple wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
elassi wrote:I wouldn't say that "Somebody" is challenging...
Must have been challenging for Mart, y'know he recorded the vocals naked (fact!)
:lol: For me too... But I never really liked this song anyway. My favorite DM songs are the ones from the last 2 albums, unlike most fans, I prefer their newer songs, I think they sound better and that they are better musicians now. I'm sure Martin would agree with me! :D

By the way, hi Martin! :hug:

sfd wrote:And Fletch spanked Martin on his bare ass when they tried to crate a realistic whip sound for Master and Servant. They eventually ended up with Dan (miller) spitting on the mic.

Hope that doesn't ruin that song for you :-)
I just love that they've never been afraid to experiment. I remember seeing some very old video clip on YouTube with Martin explaining that they were about to throw a small pebble against the bottom edge of a sliding glass door, and use that sound as the basis for the rhythm track for a song.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

@samplesience: Hm....is i tMartin hiding behind that account? :-)

Nah, I'm Martin.

And so's my wife.

Ah, I thought it was a promo for their news albums.

Ok, serously. I'm fine with that somone lprefer their new stuff to their old. HKowever it was indeed a bit unusual :-)

sfd wrote:@samplesience: Hm....is i tMartin hiding behind that account? :-)
no, samplescience is phil collins.

sfd wrote:Ah, I thought it was a promo for their news albums.

Ok, serously. I'm fine with that somone lprefer their new stuff to their old. HKowever it was indeed a bit unusual :-)
Yeah, I know, it unusual but I've always preferred their new music. I think people like their old tunes because it reminds them the time when they were young. When DM started, I wasn't even born so it doesn't make sense to me. I've discovered DM with their Ultra album that I liked a lot at the time. I still think there is some very good tune in this album.

SampleScience wrote:
sfd wrote:Ah, I thought it was a promo for their news albums.

Yeah, I know, it unusual but I've always preferred their new music. I think people like their old tunes because it reminds them the time when they were young. When DM started, I wasn't even born so it doesn't make sense to me. I've discovered DM with their Ultra album that I liked a lot at the time. I still think there is some very good tune in this album.
You've got a point there. DM fans in my generation do have a soft spot for that particular period.

Martin is something like the best teacher you can get for me!

The MG album is like mystery in very deep sounds!

Only in my dreams i play on a Eurorack Modular.

Thanks for that Sci-fi vision record :borg:

Iam lost like you mart :scared:
Last edited by deltaMACHINE on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfd wrote:You've got a point there. DM fans in my generation do have a soft spot for that particular period.
I got into DM at the time of Some Great Reward.

But later I have found A Broken Frame to be my favourite. So it was nothing I like because I grew up with it :wink:

Violator I find to be their masterpiece as craftsmen.

SOFAD was a big disappointment for me, and I haven't really gelled with their releases after that. There are many nice tracks, but their albums as a whole post 1991 contains too much filler.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”