IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Numanoid wrote:Future Music didn't quite warm to ST3

Give it 6 out of 10 rating in latest issue (no 291)
Actually, either that's faulty math or the "results" is a separate category - which would also not average out to 6 anyway... If you average out the following:

>> Build: 8/10
>> Value: 7/10
>> Ease of use: 8/10
>> Versatility: 7/10

You get 7.5

If you included the last "Results" which is the 6 rating you mention, the average is still 7.2

Most of the review is from a sound design tool perspective but SampleTank is a great quick and easy all-round workstation, a megarompler being compared to products that we full well know are sometimes used in conjunction with SampleTank 3 not to replace it as they do not shine in the same areas SampleTank 3 does. This is admitted briefly in the review, at least, and the review closes with "for an all-purpose writing tool, ST3 represents a good bet – and with 33GB of content it is no slouch"

There are other favorable reviews, of course, like the one where MusicRadar gave SampleTank 3 a 4 out of 5 rating: http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... k-3-608916 and Professional Audio saying "IK Multimedia's SampleTank 3 is all-round carefree solution which equips you with handy tools that make you always prepared for all situations both in the studio and live." or KEYS Magazine saying "SampleTank 3 turns out to be a very high quality all-around sample package for any style of music. The single instruments have been put together with affection and are very expressive and charismatic. Even with the sophisticated functions, the software is very easy to use."

There are also some good reviews right here on KVR to peruse, with great user-centric perspective like "it is what it is: a rompler and it holds up extremely well for me." (mentioning how it works well with other products with which it is more complementary than competitive, again showing insight, understanding, and perspective)

I thought all media reviews were pretty much discounted here on KVR anyway? I'm glad that's not the case so I could point out the interesting math and some of the other very positive reviews out there. Of course nobody has to rely on these reviews, SampleTank 3 Free is available with a variety of sounds so you can draw your own conclusions.

i love sample tanks piano its about the only one i use i wish i could get that into kontankt. the update with the arrow browsing is a godsend

Finally got around to the last version attempt. Still a no-go crash on instrument load though.
At least the app opens up without crashing. Still wondering why some of their 64 bit stuff works and others absolutely refuse to.

The recent upgrade is a step in right direction, imo, as far as navigation goes. I have absolutely no use for the EDM stuff, though. Who knows, a couple of more updates and I may actually feel the need to praise it.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

The fretless bass that comes with sampletank 3 is very playable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jCy8Jd ... load_owner

Does anyone know what does Red LED mean?

Cant find any explaination in the manual

Bombadil wrote:The recent upgrade is a step in right direction, imo, as far as navigation goes. I have absolutely no use for the EDM stuff, though. Who knows, a couple of more updates and I may actually feel the need to praise it.
Well that would certainly be great to get to that point for you. There might be something for you in the next batch of sound libraries coming soon, though.

themachinelt wrote:Does anyone know what does Red LED mean?

That turns red when there is external MIDI data (from a controller, meaning not from the patterns or virtual keyboard) on that MIDI channel.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Does anyone know what does Red LED mean?

That turns red when there is external MIDI data (from a controller, meaning not from the patterns or virtual keyboard) on that MIDI channel.
This is so strange, because the MIDI devices are not even enabled in my DAW and this shows when playing MIDI pattern.

Interesting that should not be the case according to support, I didn't test patterns - if the patterns are on a MIDI track in your DAW that would also count as external MIDI which would trigger that red indicator.

false alarm

Woo hoo. 3.5.1. Update released.

Changes from version 3.5:

▪ Reduced the time lag when switching between PLAY, MIX and EDIT pages 
▪ Reduced the time lag when the application initializes 
▪ Reduced the time lag when loading Songs using Program Changes in the LIVE page 
▪ Added support for forthcoming Custom Shop Instrument libraries 
▪ General reliability improvements 

Hope this fixes the lag issues some of us were having off to download and test

Yes it should do wonders for those that had lag issues, and we are ready for the new libraries coming soon to SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Yes it should do wonders for those that had lag issues, and we are ready for the new libraries coming soon to SampleTank 3
Peter-
Is there any improvement in the load times for the larger instruments? I would love to have the POP Piano and the Alt. acoustic drumkit as my go-to's, but even on a fast system like mine, I'm often finding 3-4 minutes to load these.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

cain wrote:Woo hoo. 3.5.1. Update released.

Changes from version 3.5:

▪ Reduced the time lag when switching between PLAY, MIX and EDIT pages 
▪ Reduced the time lag when the application initializes 
▪ Reduced the time lag when loading Songs using Program Changes in the LIVE page 
▪ Added support for forthcoming Custom Shop Instrument libraries 
▪ General reliability improvements 

Hope this fixes the lag issues some of us were having off to download and test
Thanks for info... Going to get now... Peace.

Return to “Instruments”