Any news on 1.2 beta?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Redukt wrote:Yes!

I still don't think that means we can actually search these presets using the new browser but support of preset banks alone is good enough for me. :party:
Deleted file because of i did not think while loading up pciture and it was the persons name, sry guys
Last edited by takaii on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

fxp/fxb support in 1.2 is great news :tu:

Awesome; making it possible to import them into the browser (and then tag them) would be icing on the cake :)

Just to make sure:

Does this mean that if i use the new browser to look for "bass" presets, i will not only find the appropriately tagged Bitwig presets but also third party VSTs?

Surely i'm getting something wrong here? :o

It certainly sounds like it may be possible to browse them, but to search for them using tags suggests they first will need that doing, so hopefully it will be possible for users to tag them, hopefully also there will be custom tags as those that are built in are very limited.

Like two months "late" now, almost! :cry:
Bitwig

krixa wrote:Like two months "late" now, almost! :cry:
I guess you missed it but they added a lot more than originally planned for 1.2. they did some rewrites too, so they are waiting for it to stabilize, then we can all rejoice lol :wink:

krixa wrote:Like two months "late" now, almost! :cry:
its not late when they dont promise anything ;) they said "probably end of februari the beta will start" ;)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

but now its almost may and the beta still hasnt started, so a saying of probably in February should translate to a for sure beta two months later imo. A lot of people would of been stoked just to get group tracks in 1.2 so all this extra stuff is amazing but I think they should of given us groups and then done all this stuff. Idk I'm irrational because bitwig 1.2 looks incredible and I just want to play around with it!!!
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

dom@bitwig wrote:In one of the Musikmesse videos i was browsing through a list of bass presets in the new browser and it was switching between Claes' Surge VST and the Polysynth... so, there you have it :) Just don't remember which one it was.
I think it went online about 5 hours ago so not many of us might have seen it yet ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahAaxSa ... detailpage

Nice video. With regard to the updates to allow more expressive controllers, I'm wondering if it would be possible to assign the note expressions to regular controller inputs such as knobs and sliders. It would be nice to be able to have such control of timbre, velocity etc, even if its monophonic/ same values for all note instances . That way we can take more advantage of expression and have less drooling about a LInnstrument ;)

my favorite part of the video is when Dom hangs out from the helicopter and says, "I'll be baaaack."

Oh smokes, wait a sec. I think my youtube is acting up here...

It's great to see videos like this... To see Bitwig crash (and for all those not watching, it crashed on the track grouping), helps to quell the impatience. I'm very bad at taking people's word for things, but seeing the bugs still there, explains to my obsessive brain that there is good reason for the stall, and I'm actually more grateful for it now :)

Cheers... V.

viceverser wrote:It's great to see videos like this... To see Bitwig crash (and for all those not watching, it crashed on the track grouping), helps to quell the impatience. I'm very bad at taking people's word for things, but seeing the bugs still there, explains to my obsessive brain that there is good reason for the stall, and I'm actually more grateful for it now :)

Cheers... V.
Yes couldnt agree more... That they actually dont listen on everybodys whining and do what is best for the software in the end is a good thing :)

poor bitwig. Impatient kids urged them to show new version in latest exhibition and they had no choice but to show half arsed buggy pre-alpha in front of media. :?

Return to “Bitwig”